Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’ve been contemplating for a while about trading my bt-99 and 28” citori sporting clays edition for a 32” do all. 60% of my shooting consist of trap league. However I recently tried doubles and fell in love. I also shoot 5 stand league with my 28” sporting clays gun.

Would I be better off getting a 32”? I’m thinking about going beretta too.

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
I see tron has returned from his visit to the tri star tech support clinic in Turkey. So after drinking tar thick coffee....smoking Turkish water pipes and learning the tried and true method of cold hammered trigger jobs he has now quit riding the fence on tri star.

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
Hello everyone, I’ve been contemplating for a while about trading my bt-99 and 28” citori sporting clays edition for a 32” do all. 60% of my shooting consist of trap league. However I recently tried doubles and fell in love. I also shoot 5 stand league with my 28” sporting clays gun.

Would I be better off getting a 32”? I’m thinking about going beretta too.
there are alot of good buys on used browning and berettas out there . Ultimately a 32in. Do all would suite your needs just fine .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies. I found a deal last night on a LNIB browning cx 32” for $1200. I also might have someone interested in my current citori for $100 more than I paid for it.
If all goes well I should be able to keep my bt-99. I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately the deal on the cx feel through.

Does anyone know the POI of a beretta 686 sporting with the beads stacked?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
High condition Krieghoff K-32, 32" Vandalia rib barrels, stock with appropriate dimensions to suit the use. Best value in a life time competition shotgun.

·
Registered
22,914 Posts
High condition Krieghoff K-32, 32" Vandalia rib barrels, stock with appropriate dimensions to suit the use. Best value in a life time competition shotgun.
For sale?

·
Registered
22,914 Posts
OK, I’ll bite. Why would the POI with the beads stacked change for a different shooter?
Thanks
Denny K.
Because of when you pull the trigger.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because of when you pull the trigger.
True but is the industry standard on sporting guns 60/40 split with the beads stacked. If it is and beretta follows that standard, then I should shoot a SP1 sporting the same as a browning sporting clays. All things being equal of course.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
The 32” CX and keep the BT-99 plan is a winner. Because my wife is amazingly tolerant and the airplane in my avatar picture belongs to someone else now, I have been accumulating a few nice Brownings in recent years.

But my go-to for most of my shooting is a 32” CX and the 34” BT-99. I’m covered for 16 yards, handicap, doubles, and with choke swaps, I shoot skeet and 5-stand. I do fairly well and have a great time. My other, arguably fancier Brownings mostly sit in the safe.. Good luck with your hunt, there are many good choices out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone know if beretta will be at the Grand American this year?
I screwed up and watched a video on the 694 sporting.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts