Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to buy an older Ljutic Mono Gun which came from Ljutic with 2 single barrels, both 34" and using the same forend wood. One barrel was for handicap and the other barrel has a more open choke for 16 yd. I don't have much interest in the 2nd barrel since I would rarely use it, but I may have to buy it to acquire the gun. Seeking opinions on the value of the 2nd single barrel when buying a single barrel Ljutic monogun. Is there much demand for an extra barrel for a ljutic monogun and what would a fair price for the extra barrel be?
Opinions please. gdr

·
Banned
308 Posts
I would prefer having a gun with 2 barrels. That was not real uncommon before choke tubes.

I recently purchased a nice Ljutic and would have rather had 2 barrels.

Are the barrels numbered? If not how can you show it came from the factory with 2 barrels without the box? I would think that would increase the value.

Just my 02.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I prefer two barrels. It also helps resale value. You did not state the model/serial number/age of the gun. Earlier Ljutics are hand made and barrels are fit by hand. Check for tightness of barrel/receiver when gun is closed. There should be no up/down play. Sometimes you can feel play in the forearm, but that's an easy DIY fix with a strip of electrical tape placed inside the forearm.

Someone is ASKING $700 for a hooded Ljutic barrel on eBay.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Have a 2 Barrel Set..14xx Fabulous Set Up...one for 16's More open and about 60/40..Second Barrel Tighter Choke and about 70/30 for the Cap's.
Was Custom Built at Customers Request at the Time when They Built Guns Per Order.
flabigpapa_2008_0303165.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Niagara
The barrels do NOT have serial numbers on them. I have two earlier model ljutics now and the forend barrel lug is about 3/4" further ahead on one of the barrels. I think it would be tough to fit an earlier ljutic barrel on another ljutic without some serious work to the forend and forend iron.

flabigpapa.......beautiful engraved ljutic. That's the type of Ljutic I really want AFTER I win the lottery.

gdr

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kim the gun is in the #300-#350 range of serial numbers. Earlier gun made in 1969. The spec sheet shows the order involved one barrel, not two, but the family of the original owner claims it came from the factory with 2 original barrels.

gdr

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have an early Ljutic (sn 1xx) 2 bbl set. Both barrels are numbered as well as the release and the pull triggers. I don't know the story behind it, but nowhere on the gun does the name Ljutic appear. Larry Evans

·
Ljutic Nut
2,905 Posts
Larry Evans

Did you ever have a Banana Gun built for you? I have one and it has Evans as part of the serial number.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
niagara, No Numbers on Barrel Sets

Kim Z, Yes, They are Made too Customers Specs. Although...They have made Stock Inventory Guns Through Out their History..For Stocking Dealers..That may of Changed in the Last Owners Buy Out...Have Not Spoken too Family in Several Years.
flabigpapa_2008_0303166.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303167.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303169.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303170.jpg

flabigpapa_2008_0303171.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hooded barrels are a much later feature. Very early guns have serial numbers on receivers, barrels, forearms, and triggers.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Merlyn, I thought I only gave you $400.00 for that Ljutic barrel and it fit perfect on my gun but I still like the 32 inch barrel better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts