Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Jenny McGowan and my husband and I have started a USAYESS youth shooting team in Utah Valley called the SKYLINE SHOOTERS and we need some help!

We have about 20 kids interested in the team so far (we have only been a team for a week!) and several of the kids do not have shotguns. I am looking to purchase some inexpensive trap/skeet guns. We are also looking for any old vest, shell holders, glasses... any shooting supplies you are willing to donate!

All we need are those old worn up shotguns that sit in the bottom of your gun safe that you don't use or want any more!

Thanks!

Jenny McGowan
Skyline Shooters, Head Coach

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Jenny,

Good luck with your team!
Try your local sporting goods stores for donations. Also hit up the gun club you'll be practicing at.

Check in with the SCTP ( Scholastic Clay Target Program) and the AIM program sponsored by the Amateur Trapshooting Association.

Also work on getting the 501C3 tax exempt status. Then check out the Midway Foundation. There's lots of money available there.
Check out the "Friends of the NRA" as they sometimes have items available for youth teams.

Good luck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Any Pheasants Forever chapters around you? They have excellent programs to help out also. Go www.mnclaytarget.com and see what is possible with a little hard work.
School shooting is exploding in Minnesota and expanding fast around the US. Over 10,000 students in Minnesota this year shooting HS trap! Get the word out locally and you may be surprised at the support you get. Stories in the local papers etc.
Joe O

·
Registered
179 Posts
I am in the Salt Lake area and would strongly recommend the Lee Kay shotgun facility.
Not sure if you already have a regular club or what your preferred discipline is, but Lee Kay has skeet, trap, and 5-stand.
You may be able to negotiate reduced rates for your shooters.

We host leagues and have multiple registered skeet tournaments that you may be interested in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts