Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen some recipes using pro reach in 28 gauge. They were fast loads 1350 fps and I thought it might be fun to load some. I have about 2000 fiocci and cheddite hulls so I thought it might be a chance to use them and have fun. Has anyone ever used this powder for fast 28 gauge loads. If so let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have been using it ever since it came out for 1,300 FPS loads in STS green (8s) and gold hulls (7.5s). Tried it in AAHS hulls but don't like the crimps with the Duster wads I use with the Remington hulls. Believe the Remingtons have more capacity.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I use ProReach in Skeet loads. The book load for 1350, in AA-HS calls for a little over 17 grains. I load them right around 15.5, and the crono says I'm between 1225 and 1250 in my gun. This gives me a nicely distributed pattern at 22 yards. With Skeet, I load for the pattern not the speed. If you drop down below 15, hull life suffers from premature sidewall burn through. I don't know why, this is just my personal experience. I've used a bunch of different powders in 28, and this is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to get off track. What is a good wad for 28 to use in straight wall hulls like fiochios and rios , cheddites etc.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I have been loading Pro Reach in my 28ga. since it came out. I load 1300fps loads for sporting clays to duplicate the AAHS sporting clays load. I love it, now if Alliant would just start making it again in 8# jugs I would be very happy as I am getting low. Bill

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've been using Pro Reach in 28 ga for several years. I'm loading by the Alliant book - AAHS hulls and Claybuster 5034 28HS wads. Crimps look like factory. Pressures are well under 10,000 psi. JPM

·
Registered
881 Posts
I just bought an 8 pound keg of Pro Reach from Trainer Hale Supply - a little bit east of San Antonio in Marion, TX. It was pricey - $133.77 plus tax but it ought to last for quite a while. This purchase was made less than two weeks ago. JPM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts