Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used the B&P shells and thought they worked great - especially in the patterns and recoil areas. While browsing their website I came upon this description;

"Each shell type, designated by B&P as a shell "family," is designed and exhaustively tested to ensure precisely the performance desired for its specific purpose.

Each shell of the family, 7/8 ounce often through a 1 1/8 ounce load, is designed to achieve the same velocity so the shooter can keep the same lead regardless of the desired shot load. This is achieved through a precision balance of propellant burn rate, wad flight characteristics, shot load and composition."

If you use B&Ps have you found this to be true - and a benefit?

Larry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I believe this claim by B&P is true. I am a big fan of B&P ammo. I buy it in flats whenever Cabelas's has it in stock. My go-to load for trap singles is their Competition One 1-ounce load with #8 shot, at 1160 fps. I have also shot their Competition One 7/8 load, and it is virtually without recoil.
I may try their 1 1/8 oz. load for tournament shooting, but I have run straights with the B&P 1-ounce load from the 16 yard line, and one ounce is no doubt sufficient.

B&P claims a 15 percent reduction in recoil with all these shells, and I believe this claim is modest. B&P shells are very pleasant to shoot! And you're left with a clean barrel too.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Larry, the operative phrase is "within" families, and they should have said competition families. I find shooting all payloads at the same velocity a big help. That being said, if I shot more Bunker, I'd probably bump only those loads up to 1300-1325fps. When targets are consistently fast, faster loads help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts