Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering available options for release trigger installation in a relatively new BT-99. I have searched the forum and found several services that are highly recommended and respected, but before pulling the trigger (overdone pun intended) I want to understand whether any of the variants can be relatively easily switched between release and pull mode by the gun owner, and which require professional services to make a back and forth conversion.

One set of photos that I found showed the release "hook" attached to the rear of the trigger by what appeared to be a braze/solder joint; I suspect this style is not easily changed back to "pull".

Any recommendations/descriptions of "reversible" options will be appreciated, especially photos showing details of the mechanism and the process for making the switch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ExFedex,

Thanks for the lead, and pointing out the potential of altered "pull" characteristics. Had not considered that, but I would certainly want the same pull "feel" before/after the procedure if the decision is made to go back.

So, I'm looking for a style that I can switch back to original pull function AND specs. If it goes back to pull function, but pull weight, etc. are so far off the mark that a gunsmith needs to be involved it misses my objective.

Can I assume that the conversions done on your BT's by Mr. Harris will revert to factory trigger specs following the simple machine screw removal?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a nice conversation with Dean this morning. My questions were addressed thoroughly and professionally, and his pricing is very reasonable. I will be sending in my BT shortly. Thanks for pointing me in his direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts