Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Illinois got any insight to when the State might ease some restrictions, and if there is even a chance of getting the US Open complete? Here in Indiana several golf courses have resumed business this week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Email from Lynn Gibson today: they are expecting announcement in the next few days whether they will be able to host the shoot on the scheduled days of May 27-31st or postponing it to Sept.9-13th.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
-0- chance of anything opening up in May. Very little chance for the Open or the Grand, unless by some miracle a vaccine or cure suddenly becomes available. Illinois governor Pritzker has been very aggressive in prohibiting large gatherings, and besides, he's anti-gun anyway.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I live here. My club and all the other clubs are closed with no plans to reopen. Don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Illinois is still shut down but clubs in Missouri are open now (some). Shot a Sporting Clays course today. Gotta take what you can get for right now.
Felt good to be out. With J B Fata$$ running the state I would doubt the Open will be shot on the original date, probably rescheduled but then what do I know.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
-0- chance of anything opening up in May. Very little chance for the Open or the Grand, unless by some miracle a vaccine or cure suddenly becomes available. Illinois governor Pritzker has been very aggressive in prohibiting large gatherings, and besides, he's anti-gun anyway.
Unless you're a fly on his wall and heard something I thought I read on here a decision was to be made in the very near future, like the next week or so. Unless your statement is just a swag let's hear more.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Clubs opening early kinda make me wonder how long the virus will live on the deceased owners:1angel: guns.

Might be able to pick up some cheap trap guns. :rolleyes:

Reactions: dickgtax

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I live here. My club and all the other clubs are closed with no plans to reopen. Don't shoot the messenger.
Who made THAT rule?... Messengers bearing bad news are always shot, hung, tar & feathered or skinned alive. And their head is sent back in a burlap sack. . You're messing with the wrong crowd here Dick.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Anyone in Illinois got any insight to when the State might ease some restrictions, and if there is even a chance of getting the US Open complete? Here in Indiana several golf courses have resumed business this week.
Cool avatar!
Is that at Kokomo?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
No plans to reopen ?
No. Let's face it. We've got a
long road ahead and it looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better. I miss shooting as much as anybody but I won't put myself or my family at risk anymore than they are already.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Only time will tell, none of us are blessed or cursed with being able to see the future.
It appears many businesses and states are now trying to get things going again.
Many say it is way to early others say it is way past time to do this.
Only time will tell which faction is right.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you're in the high risk zone, stay home and let the other 80% of the population unaffected decide for themselves.

When widespread antigen testing gets underway, and there is a huge number of people that had the virus, and never knew it, then will society get a reality check?

·
Vendor
836 Posts
I don’t know much other than being extremely frustrated with my governor, JB. He was legitimately mocking states who are opening yesterday, saying how it’s the wrong move and they’re basically fools. He also said our stay at home order is extending beyond April 30, but may have some modifications. I wouldn’t hold my breath for groups of anything in May, especially on state land.

Some downstate politicians are crying foul and rightfully so, we’ll see if they have any influence.

I’ll be there if by some miracle I’m reading JB’s daily pressers wrong. I pray I am...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts