Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Company was in business back in the late 70s. Didnt last very long. A shooter friend was a rep for them.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes
I found 16.5 grains of a dark charcoal colored flake powder, the pictured wad and 494 grains of #8 shot. All of the shot appeared perfectly round with no abnormalities

·
Ljutic Nut
2,883 Posts
The guy that ran or owned the company was Don Pickalow. It was in the mid to late 80's. He was out of the Vancouver BC area. He set up shop in a storage unit in Ferndale Washington, just across the border and that is where the shells were loaded. He sold lead shot as well as shells.
I can remember I worked at the old Paine Field Gun Club and he would come in there and buy powder from us. Rumor was he would stop at the pawn shop, pawn his Perazzi get enough money to buy powder and wads, load the shells and sell them and then go pick up his Perazzi. Don Deich was his sales guy in the Seattle area.

P1020422.JPG
P1020424.JPG

Reactions: grntitan

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Cool shells. I am amazed at all the different shot shell brands I have never heard of. Just when you th Be you have seen and heard of them all, someone comes up with another new one to me. Neat history of the shot shell companies.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,883 Posts
If you want that box Matt I will send it off to you next load. I'm going to a gun show next week and going to see if I can sell a few S&W's. I will send the wife out while we are there to see if she can find and neat stuff we can't live without.

Jim

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
If you want that box Matt I will send it off to you next load. I'm going to a gun show next week and going to see if I can sell a few S&W's. I will send the wife out while we are there to see if she can find and neat stuff we can't live without.

Jim
I don't want to take anything away from your collection. You know I like it though and could definitely find a spot for it even if I have to make a new shelf. LOL

PS: Did your wife get her new gun done?

·
Ljutic Nut
2,883 Posts
she has settled down Matt and is shooting her new Lady Ljutic for singles and handicap and her new K-80 for doubles. Things here are good, happy wife. happy life

Reactions: grntitan
1 - 15 of 15 Posts