Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously posted pics of a sideplate gun we are making. Picking the right wood and coordinating logistics has progressed to the point where I have some more pics. The customer is a longtime friend and true gentleman and I predict he will like the outcome.

Attentive readers will notice the Fabbri style forend release and thin band of gold on the release rod. We may blue the release rod to provide more contrast.

The wood is rough at this point for the customer to provide feedback on grip position, size and comfort. The beautiful Turkish burl will undergo some special processing to impregnate the wood for extra strength.

The iphone pics do not do this gun justice!

Enjoy!

· Registered
230 Posts
what would the engraving on a Lamby special look like?? scratch that, I don't want to even know!

otherwise, I LOVE the engravings, sometimes I think the scrollwork goes over the top but these with the dogs and birds are fantastic, especially the underside,

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
What would that special processing be? Lester
To impregnate wood? Maybe rape oil!

Just kidding. But rapeseed oil is a non drying wood finish used on cutting boards etc. and in other non critical areas where decorative and protective finishes don’t need to be hard. The oil just keeps on penetrating the wood.

Reactions: The Canuck

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Rape seed oil - Canola oil, no?
Mike B
Same stuff.

It has a lot of uses. If you look at the ingredients in a spray can of PAM cooking spray it is also Canola. But the state of education being what it is the manufacturer didn’t dare say it was Rape oil.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.