Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We had the benefit shoot today, the weather was perfect and we had 19 squads.

We raised a total of $3,286.10. This total included the 3 checks we received from people that post here on TS.com. We received checks from NY, VA, and KY. I won't name names but you folks know who you are and we thank you. The family will be sending you thank you notes personally. We put a donation jar on the registration table and collected $740.00. The father of the sick boy was totally overwhelmed that we raised that much in such a short time and that people who are perfect strangers to him and his family would come out and give so willingly.

It was a very exhausting day for all of our club members. I believe we were all a part of something special today.

Thanks again to all those that donated.

Ed

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Foggy,

We had 19 squads, the good weather might have worked against us. The day was sunny with temps. in the 70's. This is the first weekend in a long time that the weather was this nice. I am sure a lot of people did family things instead of dad going to a trapshoot. We raised more than most of us expected. This was the first benefit shoot we have ever held and we had no clue what kind of turnout to expect.

I would not hesitate to help organize another shoot like this in the future. I just hope the need doesn't arise. I think the whole experience brought the members of our club closer together. There is nothing like a child in need that can bring people out to help.

Thanks again!

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.