Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

What is the latest info on supplies of .22 shells? Are more showing up or no?

Can't find any in North West.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Every week or so I see them in the small town Walmart here in Minnesota. Seems like a lot of the bigger handgun cartridges are in stock regularly as well. The whoe shortage is still a mystery to most of us.

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
None at Academy Sports today in Amarillo. Had everything else. Expensive!!!!!

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
They trickle in, and people grab them. Shelves are empty most of the time. I got a couple 100 round boxes of Winchester, and a box of w22 WMR.

I could use more but refuse to play the game.

Most stores have limits on how much you can buy. Bringing your wife and all your cousins is not fair. That's how this idiocy keeps going.

HM

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Cash disability check...buy more .22...cash disability check...rinse, lather, repeat.

We're actually lucky. The folks at the root of this either can't do the math and figure out they're paying almost as much for .22lr as reloads would cost, or else they're unwilling to invest the cost of one gun into buying a reloader. Let's hope they don't wise up.

(If you want to have some fun with them...go to the paranoid religious prepper forums, and ask if there's any truth to the rumor that the Government / ammo companies are adding chemicals to .22lr to reduce the shelf life to 5 yrs...)

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
The ammo at Academy, like .45 ACP, 9mm, .40 SW, .223 etc. was around a buck a round. Ouch!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Charlie,,
Lubbock is the same. All the handgun ammo was personal defense. 25 per box. I did not see any 50 round target ammo at all. And yes very expensive...

Kinda hope they choke on it.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,510 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart has .22's about once a week. Find out when the truck comes in (mine is Wed, Fri and Sun at 4:00 PM). I stop by at 4:00 PM on delivery days and ask if .22's are on the truck. If they are I wait until they are unloaded.

Our local Gander Mountain has .22's almost every Friday morning. You have to get there 30 minutes before the store opens to get some.

It is a PITA but that is how to get .22's at a decent price. I have bought 525/550 bulk packs for $20 and CCI Mini Mags for $7.47 per 100.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
22 Posts
I check the Gunbot web page every day.... are they serious on the prices... talk about price gouging...these dealers should be should be boycotted.... what rip offs. I'll wait until the prices drop to within reason.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,510 Posts
I am afraid the price of .22's is not going back to 2007 levels. The new normal seems to be $25 per 525/550 bulk packs which used to cost $19. CCI Mini Mags seem to be leveling off at $3.50 per 50.

Jim Skeel

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is a simple case of supply versus demand. The person who would normally buy a brick wants to buy ten bricks and so on. There are some dealers who are gouging but most big box retailers prices are reflective of the increased cost of the shells themselves at the wholesale level. All the components that have gone into making them have gone up two or three times in five years.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
With all the ammo manufactures running 24/7, cost will have to increase because of over-time, maintenance of equipment, all the extra utilities, fuel, water, electricity...etc. Then add the increasing price of lead and brass.

I can see $2-$5 a brick increase, anything else is just wrong. This outfit called Lucky Gunner wants $14.00 for 50 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets???Are you kidding me..They are worth $2.00 a box. Who would pay $14.00??

Wayne

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I went to a gun show yesterday, and priced 22 long rifle shells.

The one vendor I asked, quoted me $39.95 for a brick.

I declined to buy them at that price.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was in PA grouse hunting Friday everywhere we stopped had .22 around $9.00 per 100, I live in northeast ohio and there readily available here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts