Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Movie producer Harvey Weinstein announced for the first time on Howard Stern’s radio show that he is making a full feature drama to try to destroy the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”

Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

The shock jock asked whether the film was going to be a documentary. Mr. Weinstein said no, that it would be a “big movie like a ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.’”

The movie mogul said his vision was to scare people away from firearms. He foresees moviegoers to leave thinking, “Gun stocks — I don’t want to be involved in that stuff. It’s going to be like crash and burn.”

The chairman of the Weinstein Co. (formerly Miramax) is one of President Obama’s biggest fundraisers. He brought in more than $500,000 from his Hollywood friends for the president’s re-election campaign and the Democratic National Committee in 2012.

The 5 million members of the NRA are law-abiding Americans who are active in preserving the right to protect themselves and their families.

Mr. Weinstein thinks guns are necessary for self-defense, but only in other countries, during genocides and if the weapon is not personally owned.

Mr. Stern pointed out the inconsistencies in Mr. Weinstein’s earlier comments about a project about Jews defending themselves during the Holocaust. The producer replied that the justification for using a gun is “when you’re marching a half of a million people into Auschwitz.”

Mr. Weinstein does not seem to know that the Nazis were able to confiscate the guns that the Jewish people owned based on Germany’s government registry.

Also, the producer said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.”

Mr. Weinstein has been watching too many movies if he thinks the good guys find fully loaded firearms in convenient locations to use only when necessary.

Before Mr. Weinstein and Miss Streep start production of their multimillion-dollar effort to persuade Americans to give up their guns, they might want to look at the history books of what happens when you do.

Emily Miller is senior editor of opinion for The Washington Times and author of “Emily Gets Her Gun” (Regnery, 2013).

·
Registered
15,883 Posts
Streep has also recently been attacking Walt Disney as a bigot, racist and some other very uncomplimentary things. The guy is dead and of course cannot defend himself. Very brave of her.

She's another left wing flake like so many other Hollyweird, baby boomer era,
anti gunners that have gone off the cliff.

Just another reason to boycott these fools movies. You as an individual can help by expanding NRA membership and continue to educate the public about a minority of very wealthy crazies, with the nanny state anti gun agenda.

Most of all enjoy the shooting sports and bring a friend. There's strength in numbers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
These gun battles between rational americans and ignorant anti gunners could be dangerous for our liberties , and self preservation as individuals, a people , and as a country, if the anti gunners ever get their way. Which is really sad because it is understandable why they would think they are doing these things for the greater good and I truly believe most of them want what is best , unfortunately those people are misinformed by a train wreck of a media and they need to open up history books,and look and the cold hard facts, and forget about their stubborn mindset, and be open to accepting the truth, and we as humans not as Americans but as humans , have the "unalienable" right to defend and protect ourselves from ANYONE who might want to abuse us and to be able to do this we need to have a physical medium of resistance ie "The Gun".

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
If this movie is as popular as Streep's last 5 movies then I think the NRA is going to be ok. It is not public opinion that is hurting gun rights, it is politicians abusing their power.

Darr

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
He sure did not mind becoming wealthy from his movies filled with gun violence.

He don't own a gun but how about his security detail and bodyguards?

I think I will buy two more family members NRA memberships, just for him running off at the mouth about his latest piece of work.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I haven't paid to watch a movie in well over 10 years. It doesn't matter who made the film or who stars in it, SOMETHING or SOMEONE involved with it will be anti-gun. Free on TV - when it comes to Hollywood, that's for me!

Ed

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Here ye !! I agree, last movie I saw in a theater did for me (ten years ago}. They would become very thin on my dime!

Even at Church there are people texting... I would blow a gasket!

I guess that's the way it is nowdays, just look at the pics of Obammmma yucking it up and taking selfies at a funeral...

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I have you all beat the last movie I saw in a theater was the second Star Wars, when was that 79 or 80?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I like most of you haven't been to a movie theater in years. Lots of reasons why. the crap they turn out is intended for the movie goers of today...the 18 to 24 year olds in their dating years as surveys have determined. Science fiction, T&A and horror. They are willing to spend $6 for fifty cents worth of popcorn, cause its a date. Weinstein should know that if guns are outlawed, the next step would be to outlaw anything that glorifies violence, like his films and he would be on one of Obamas welfare programs. I suggest he make a documentary on he greatest gun salesman of all time...Barack Obama. ed

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The modern version of reefer madness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts