Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I got my second on the 4th. I'll be fully vaccinated this week. I'm celebrating by going to a registered shoot all weekend.

I'll tell ya what...that second one kicked my backside. 101.5 fever, chills, body aches, headache, etc....it all hit me at the 12 hour mark and then was gone at the 36 hour mark. Meanwhile, my wife? Nothing.

· Premium Member
4,502 Posts
I got my second on the 4th. I'll be fully vaccinated this week. I'm celebrating by going to a registered shoot all weekend.

I'll tell ya what...that second one kicked my backside. 101.5 fever, chills, body aches, headache, etc....it all hit me at the 12 hour mark and then was gone at the 36 hour mark. Meanwhile, my wife? Nothing.
Lol. Did she rub it in?

glad you got it done!

· Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm only 36 so it'll probably be awhile before I'm allowed to get the vaccine. I have several friends my age who qualified to get it earlier based on their careers. Most of them have said the first shot just made their arm sore for a day or two, nothing bad at all. But a couple of them were knocked on their butts for 24-36 hours after the 2nd shot. I already told my boss I'm gonna take the day off for the day after my 2nd shot, whenever that happens. I just hope it's not on a Friday.

· Banned
2,714 Posts

While I'm sorry you got sick, I am glad folks know I wasn't making the symptoms up. It was rough. Some seem to get it and others don't.

My Dr. said it was a sign of a robust immune system. I'm guessing we are immortal now?

· Registered
73 Posts
Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on March 13th. Only after effect was a sore shoulder for a day. I went to a registered shoot the next day and shoot pretty well; 1st in my class and second high score overall. I go for my second dose on April 2nd. There's a 500 registered target marathon the next day at Pine Belt Trap Club. Hoping not to have a bad reaction and be able to attend.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
While I'm sorry you got sick, I am glad folks know I wasn't making the symptoms up. It was rough. Some seem to get it and others don't.

My Dr. said it was a sign of a robust immune system. I'm guessing we are immortal now?

I actually went to a registered shoot this weekend at a great little club near the Jersey Shore. I won A doubles and finished 4th in handicap. Maybe the shot not only protects you from Covid, but also is performance enhancing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.