Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't shoot much trap but I have been a long time lurker and now first time poster. I attended a large ATA shoot a little while ago and I like to look at the guns the competitors use and came across this one. Has anyone seen another one like it? The receiver appears to be totally unfinished, the owner said it came from the factory that way.
IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0331.JPG

·
Registered
14,108 Posts
A "logo" receiver, without the logo. I like it. I've seen a newer case hardened receiver bereft of any engraving but the Krieghoff shield on the bottom, which is probably required by law.

If you can order upgraded engraving, no reason why you shouldn't be able to order no engraving...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Depending on the company, I would think it could be devoid of everything except a serial number. I ordered my Kolar receiver that way - nothing but a serial number on it, not even the Kolar name (but I had that engraved on it, not stamped). Just make some inquiries.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Have to agree with 221. Not all K-80 aluminum lightweight receivers are so marked on the bottom. Of course it should be fairly easy to determine...if its aluminum its a Lightweight Concept and that's how they come from Krieghoff.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Old style ejectors -- I am guessing the lite alloy concept...

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Likely a very early K-80-below 12,000 serial #. I've seen a few including one brand new in the original case recently. They had steel receivers including the ones marked "TRAP 80!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts