Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I dont know much when it comes to unsingles but I know somewhat for O/U shotguns. I am looking for a unsingle combo to get for my son to benefit him greatly for trap. Can someone point me in a direction? I am looking for something about 4000$ or less. Obviously no crazy high dollar guns but a MID-HIGH end gun for my boy. I am not purchasing yet just making a decision. I want to learn about unsingles. Please help with any recommendations or thoughts!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would also recommend the Beretta 687 that Joel Etchen has. I'm not sure what the going rate for a used one is, about 6 weeks ago I paid $4795.00 for a new combo. Add another $100 if you need left hand wood. If you have any questions I'll try and answer them either on here or you can PM me if you prefer.

Derek

·
Registered
286 Posts
Bought my son a 725 combo from Guns Unlimited back in May. He used to shoot a semi auto so I was concerned how long it would take him to adjust. He proved me wrong fairly quick and is now putting up much better scores consistently. GU also let us pick the gun we wanted from 12 different guns so we got one with some pretty nice wood on it, bonus :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Look around for a used Joel Etchen 687 Trap combo. In the $3500-$4000 range usually.
+++1
I bought a used 687 JEG combo and shot great with it and loved the gun. A year later he had some DT-11 from a championship shoot, and I traded the 687 in and basically shot it free for a year. Great people to deal with. Whatever you decide the most important thing is to make sure the gun fits properly. Good luck, Steve

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Browning xt or 725 combo's from guns unlimited. I personally would pick a 34/30 combo from them. These combo's buildt like tanks, very low maintenance, points very well. Guns Unlimited great honest people to deal with. They're at the grand.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Xt, go to a Trap club with your son and look at the guns you see there. Most shooters will let you try their gun if you ask nicely. I love my Unsingle, but not everyone does. One shooter at the club has every style Perazzi barrel you can think of, but can't hit the broad side of a barn unless he is shooting his low rib Top Single.

A lot of the newer shooters at one of my clubs bought good O/Us with interchangeable choke tubes. The use them for everything Trap, Sporting, Skeet, Games and just change tubes to match. A single barrel shotgun, whether TS or US, is a dedicated ATA Trap Singles and Handicap gun. You really cannot use it effectively for anything else. With a good O/U set up for Sporting or International Trap, you should be good for anything, including ATA Trap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello, I dont know much when it comes to unsingles but I know somewhat for O/U shotguns. I am looking for a unsingle combo to get for my son to benefit him greatly for trap. Can someone point me in a direction? I am looking for something about 4000$ or less. Obviously no crazy high dollar guns but a MID-HIGH end gun for my boy. I am not purchasing yet just making a decision. I want to learn about unsingles. Please help with any recommendations or thoughts!
My son shoots a XT right now. Nickel straight stock with 32s. He is super slow with the swing and struggles to maintain his 22s 23s. He also has a special connection with a Monte Carlo stock. He is looking for someone to swap him XTs with 30s and a monte carlo stock or sell and get a unsingle combo. He started off great 23s 24s but since he has fallen of the earth and shooting is starting to become a disgrace to him.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
XT combo's are usually a good shotgun for any newer shooter. I have seen many combo sets on this site for sale, usually in the $3500 range. I have an unsingle combo and really like it. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
111 Posts
The 2016 Browning Cynergy Unsingle combo with factory adjustable comb has an MSRP $4269.00, and I've seen it listed with a sale price in few places between $3500.00 and $3800.00. Hi Grade Shooters (higradeshooters.com) near Pittsburgh, PA lists the MSRP but asks for a call to get the sales price.

Guns Unlimited had a pre-Grand American Trapshoot sale where the Browning 725 combo with factory adjustable comb listed at $4095.00. Per my email the sale ended 27 July 16; however, you may still be able to get the combo at the sale price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
XT combo's are usually a good shotgun for any newer shooter. I have seen many combo sets on this site for sale, usually in the $3500 range. I have an unsingle combo and really like it. Regards, Bob
Speaking of progress, he just a found a man an hour away willing to trade him!! We are driving up Sunday for the exchange! So is there anyway of getting a unsingle barrel for the gun?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The 692 x trap beretta looks pretty good and they will be bringing a single barrel out for it soon. I'm thinking of trading my perazzi for one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts