Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a dozen boxes of older relaods that I'm breaking down for the components. (don't like to shoot someones reloads that I don't know )
Shot is still good, some of the wads are the old fiber kind and the powder is all the same but I'm throwing that away. All the primers are the same, and I've discharged a few to get a nice crisp loud report. They have a silver ring around a brass colored center. I'm not sure who made them but if I decide to reuse them and choose a moderate load based on them being the hottest primer out there, do you see a problem ?

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Jim- I would not use them. They could be great, but if I am wondering if the primers are any good while I am shooting, my score will suffer. It takes very little to distract me.

Pat Ireland

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ditto .....load for the HOTTEST primer.......Load for that and I'll shoot next to you. BUT........when in doubt............throw them OUT !

·
Registered
723 Posts
Fred, have you ever used Gary "The Unloader's" shell dismantler? If so, I would SERIOUSLY doubt "pellet" damage. I damage my pellets all the time ! WHEN IN DOUBT....THROW IT OUT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.