Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a some time since a nominate your "ugliest trap gun ever" post has been done...
My nomination is the Franchi 530. My dad shot one for many years.
Had a very strange choke tube locking device. No threads to hold the tube in.
It had the biggest chunk of butt stock wood I have ever seen. We called it "old clunky"
He shot the hell out of it but got tired of buying parts and replaced it with a Super x1.

Registered
It's been a some time since a nominate your "ugliest trap gun ever" post has been done...
My nomination is the Franchi 530. My dad shot one for many years.
Had a very strange choke tube locking device. No threads to hold the tube in.
It had the biggest chunk of butt stock wood I have ever seen. We called it "old clunky"
He shot the hell out of it but got tired of buying parts and replaced it with a Super x1. View attachment 1736380
I had one and shot it lights out but like you and bighoss said you had to work on it a lot to keep it running. If I could of had a source for the action rod clips I'd still be shooting it. Everyone teased me about it, called it flash Gordon's shotgun or made a joke about the bottom lug for the choke tube being a bayonet attachment. Wish franchi could of figured out a fix for it.

Registered
Holmes Super Trap. Looks like Mattel's version of the Ljutic Space Gun. (doesn't stop me from wanting either of them, however.)
Holmes also souped up an 1100, bottom picture.

Registered
I would have to say some of the Ljutic鈥檚 I鈥檝e seen, I know they are a great gun but to me the clean lines of the Silver Seitz or Bowan just blow it out of the water. I thought the UGH Beretta was a cool gun, thinking outside the box from a company that makes and has made the best semi in my opinion.

Registered
I would have to say some of the Ljutic鈥檚 I鈥檝e seen, I know they are a great gun but to me the clean lines of the Silver Seitz or Bowan just blow it out of the water. I thought the UGH Beretta was a cool gun, thinking outside the box from a company that makes and has made the best semi in my opinion.
If Ljutic鈥檚 Mono Gun, never came to be, there might not have ever been Silver Seitz, Afermann, others similar to it.

Registered
I had one and shot it lights out but like you and bighoss said you had to work on it a lot to keep it running. If I could of had a source for the action rod clips I'd still be shooting it. Everyone teased me about it, called it flash Gordon's shotgun or made a joke about the bottom lug for the choke tube being a bayonet attachment. Wish franchi could of figured out a fix for it.
Second shotgun and First Trap gun.
Soft shooter but broke too much.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.