Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the members on our hunting team is ready to move to a 12 gauge. He is also a bit hard on his gear, so I picked up this A302 for a song (so there were no worries about damaging his gun while afield). After disassembly this is what I found. My personal record for dirtiest gun ever.

And yes the barrel, stock, and forearm match this Picasso paint. I plan on selling it to MX2G for big profit after hunting season.

Someone show me a dirtier trigger and I'll buy you coffee.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Upnorth you'll have to take my word as I have no pictures but I've got you beat. I work part time in a gunsmith shop and a fellow brought in his trusty Remington 1100 for repair. He simply stated it "won't shoot no more". I got the task of cleaning it. The trigger group picture you posted above is clean compared to this gentlemans. Oh and the reason it would not shoot, was because imbedded in the dirt, and weed seeds was a crushed and mangled live .22 cartridge. Jerry

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Looks perfect. What's the prob?

Chip

BTW, my home camo job on my kissing cousin B-80 is much better than that schlock job...at least I stripped mine before I painted it. haha

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Well, can't show you a dirtier trigger. It was a mess, but I didn't take a pic of it until after I cleaned it.

But, here is the gas chamber on the same 1100 *AFTER* I cleaned it. And yes, the gas rings are still stuck in it. What a disaster.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a Beretta butt plate that will fit this gun? No need to match the paint ;-)

The one with it is busted... here it is.

·
Registered
408 Posts
A friend gave me some old guns that his father had hidden away before he died. No one knew the guns were there and the wife was horrified by guns (idiot), so I got the task of selling them. Among them were a "youth" single shot rifle that had been shot many, many times with 4mm rimfire ammo. The bore was so crusty, I couldn't get a cleaning rod through it. After many, many soakings and attempts to push a rod through it, it finally, yielded. I essentially had to drill through the crud to get the rod through the first time. After that, it was just another dirty gun.

I hope they enjoyed shooting that rifle, because it was a chore to find the bore. I wound up giving it away to a guy for his son to shoot. Worth the effort.

Still have an old, plastic stocked 12 gauge from him. Much cleaner.

Norm

·
Registered
446 Posts
If Wally doesn't have one - Midwest still has new buttplates in 12g and 20g - Mine's been cracked and superglued about five times :)

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/beretta-butt-plates/C51223

·
Registered
276 Posts
i had a 391 that I shot for over a year and I started having some unburnt powder from some bad reloads in my barrel. Didn't think anything of it until months later the trigger felt weird so I took it apart and it was completely caked with powder. I don't know how the thing had worked for as long as it did.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
A friend received a Model 12 from his grandfathers estate. Said it would not open up, and asked me to look at it. I had to beat the triggers assembly out. The whole gun was so dirty and rusty that I stripped it down and soaked everything in kerosene for a week. Then cleaned it and replaced some springs. It shoots great now.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got a chuckle out of your photos. Where I "used" to work my then boss allowed me to clean his and his relatives firearms on company time. I don't have any pictures but a few of them were pretty close to that Beretta.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts