Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you happen to be attending the U.S. Open FITASC at Northbrook Sports Club Illinois stop by and say howdy. Nancy is here also plugging ears and sewing those FITASC lines on your new shirt or vest. Yeah I know you fellas are mostly trapshooters but some of you cross the lines. Terry

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you just want to be a spectator,how can you watch the sporting clay shooters on the courses with out having a cart.Didnt see any walking path for someone that just wants to look.You can walk the sidewalk to see the 5 stand shooters.Didnt see any place to demo the guns for sale.I guess I am just used to Sparta where you can see anybody shoot.Maybe it was to early in the week for the vendors.
Didnt see very many people on foot most had carts.I like the small clubs where most people know each other..I like to shoot with friends verses strangers.Northbrook is a very nice place to shoot at

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Not much difference in a walking path and a cart path! Carts are available for rent if you don't care to walk.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
It's somewhat like watching the players at a golf tournament. Figure out who you want to watch, what course they're on, what time and what station they start on. Planning is the key. You can take the shuttle to the course and then walk to where you need to go. If it's a distance you can hitch a ride with one of the worker or other shooters. Then you can follow a group or stay at a station and watch the groups coming by. I've done this at Northbrook several times after I shot my round, including the World FITASC. I'll be doing it again at Northbrook this week.

·
Registered
14,126 Posts
Is it considered bad form to follow a squad around the course to watch them shoot?

I'm headed to Cardinal tomorrow. I noticed that its only 6hr from Cardinal to Northbrook, and only an hour beyond that to Kolar. If I can wrangle a Kolar tour for Monday or Tuesday, I may leave Cardinal Friday or Saturday and drive up to Northbrook for a couple days, then head to Kolar. Wouldn't mind checking out the Chicago Field Museum if/when I'm in the area either.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
The weather here has been great. Temp in the low 70's, and no rain so far. The flooding, storms and tornados have stayed south and west. Ironically, the Chicago Grand trapshoot scheduled for this weekend at the Downers Grove club in Morris, IL is smack dab in the middle of the storm area. Tips to visitors to Northbrook. If you're inclined to shoot in the U.S. Open, you will have no problem getting squadded. There are plenty of openings, and a lot of events to choose from. Like the Grand, ammo is available to everyone at reasonable prices.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Naw,Northbrook is snobville to hell with that crap.

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Ol' buddies reunite on Bluestar Parcour.

image.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts