Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Only if you're "fully vaccinated", and given the push for mandated boosters, your one or two shots that you currently have likely won't be enough in the future.

"But the new requirements also indicate that the United States will welcome only visitors who are vaccinated. Unvaccinated travelers will continue to be banned from crossing the borders with Mexico or Canada, officials said. Those who were never banned from traveling across the land borders, including commercial drivers and students, will also need to show proof of vaccination when crossing starting in January, giving them some time to adjust to the new rules, officials said."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got to wait and hear from the Americans what the stipulations are. Imagine you mixed and matched vaccines and then the Americans say nope.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Got to wait and hear from the Americans what the stipulations are. Imagine you mixed and matched vaccines and then the Americans say nope.
Just fly to Mexico and walk across the boarder. Once in Texas we will give you a free bus ride to any interior town you want visit.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wonder when Americans can go to Canada? I want to Christmas shop at Canadian Tire and a few other good stores!!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Wife grow up literally on the boarder. Her little brother while in high school knew some kids above the 49 degree mark, and the BC drinking age was still 19. On Thursday afternoons they would meet on the banks of the Kettle River in the middle of no where and trade US cigarettes for Canadian beer. This was long before NAFTA :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cold Iron

·
Registered
97 Posts
Canadian border patrol most unprofessional operation I have ever encountered. Could not have been more nasty and unprofessional last time crossing border. I have decided to no longer "visit" their fine country as a result... Made us dump all of our shotgun shells out in the road and count them for them (me and my 72 year old dad) Then we had to go through the gun background check. Put us both in different rooms and asked up questions as they did their best to pull up negative information on us. Never again will I visit that crap hole...Will spend my money here. Fishing is better in the Dakota's anyway.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
From what I heard the Canada Border Guards had their knickers in a twist because they wanted the same money the RCMP officers were getting and unhappy and taking it out of people crossing the border. Some time ago their demands were appreased and crossing the border became a lot friendlier. So it goes to show "bad behavior may be rewarded is certain circumstances.

If I were a Canadian and I'm pretty close as my father was born in Canada I would be really pissed that the Canadians have been held out of the US by politics and the Southern borders are being over run by only God knows who. They cross like swarms of Locusts and nobody is interested in stopping this for Political reasons. There are some things really wrong with what's going on in this Country.

PD

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Canadian border patrol most unprofessional operation I have ever encountered. Could not have been more nasty and unprofessional last time crossing border. I have decided to no longer "visit" their fine country as a result... Made us dump all of our shotgun shells out in the road and count them for them (me and my 72 year old dad) Then we had to go through the gun background check. Put us both in different rooms and asked up questions as they did their best to pull up negative information on us. Never again will I visit that crap hole...Will spend my money here. Fishing is better in the Dakota's anyway.
From what I heard the Canada Border Guards had their knickers in a twist because they wanted the same money the RCMP officers were getting and unhappy and taking it out of people crossing the border. Some time ago their demands were appreased and crossing the border became a lot friendlier. So it goes to show "bad behavior may be rewarded is certain circumstances.

If I were a Canadian and I'm pretty close as my father was born in Canada I would be really pissed that the Canadians have been held out of the US by politics and the Southern borders are being over run by only God knows who. They cross like swarms of Locusts and nobody is interested in stopping this for Political reasons. There are some things really wrong with what's going on in this Country.

PD
I totally agree with you both. My friend, who I was traveling with, owns a cabin near Pickle Lake. We go there several times a year to fish. Last August they treated us like smugglers as four officers went through our truck and boarded the boat we were trailering. We were not in violation of anything. We know the laws and abide by them. We had the maximum amount of booze we were allowed. The same for cigars. We didn't have and live bait and even intended to purchase our groceries in Canada. Knowing we were both retired cops the drilled us, make that accused us, of having a firearm. They even had a dog do a sniff over on the truck and trailer. I was sorry to disappoint them but they found no guns, contraband, etc. One of the officers pulled a crown royal bag from under a boat seat and proudly proclaimed "look, I guess they really are going fishing" as the bag held a fishing reel. I was pissed as hell but I watched my mouth. Maybe the officers felt threatened by a couple of 65 year old guys. I'm about done with Canada also. Seems to me they take U.S. sportsmen for granted. The fact is we bring a lot of money into their country.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pre covid we crossed the border a dozen or so times each year, both directions, usually in a car but a couple of times yearly in a motorhome. You guys are correct when you say the Canadian border officers are difficult but I can say with authority they are no less dicks than their American counterparts. Especially when travelling with firearms! Just be aware your paperwork needs to be in order 100% and only answer the questions asked.

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
Pre covid we crossed the border a dozen or so times each year, both directions, usually in a car but a couple of times yearly in a motorhome. You guys are correct when you say the Canadian border officers are difficult but I can say with authority they are no less dicks than their American counterparts. Especially when travelling with firearms! Just be aware your paperwork needs to be in order 100% and only answer the questions asked.
I don't doubt what you are saying for a minute X-Rated. We love going into Canada and are always in compliance. Your country is a sportsman paradise for sure. Been going up since 1980!

·
Registered
896 Posts
We had a house in Arizona for 11 years and spent our winters there, for the most part crossing the border was quick and painless but every once in a while you ran into border crossing agent that was a real jack a$$, maybe they were having a bad day or maybe they just decided to flex their muscles a bit, who knows why but they are there on both sides of the border.
To be perfectly honest it was rare but we did experience it and going both ways where it took us an hr or more and for no reason, some people just should not be put in a position of authority as they are born without people skills.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It’s about time the border should have opened same time as yours, I live only a few miles south of it in North Dakota. i did come into Manitoba the second week the border was open it was nice to see all my friends at the provincials . i to have had many experiences with border agents over a lot of years and countless hundreds of crossings on both port of entry’s and I still enjoy my time in Canada 🇨🇦 i grew up one and a half miles from rural port of entry

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
I have been crossing the border in the US for most of my 73 years and have experienced dealing with male and female customs officers on both sides who were on a power trip. And then next trip a totally different experience with an officer who is totally professional and doing their job. Ya just never know what you're gonna be dealing with.
Crossing at 6AM into Montana with all my paperwork in order if I'm taking my trap guns south has been a no hassle deal. We'll see in February maybe.

·
Registered
Perazzi TMS/Browning Citori XT
735 Posts
I totally agree with you both. My friend, who I was traveling with, owns a cabin near Pickle Lake. We go there several times a year to fish. Last August they treated us like smugglers as four officers went through our truck and boarded the boat we were trailering. We were not in violation of anything. We know the laws and abide by them. We had the maximum amount of booze we were allowed. The same for cigars. We didn't have and live bait and even intended to purchase our groceries in Canada. Knowing we were both retired cops the drilled us, make that accused us, of having a firearm. They even had a dog do a sniff over on the truck and trailer. I was sorry to disappoint them but they found no guns, contraband, etc. One of the officers pulled a crown royal bag from under a boat seat and proudly proclaimed "look, I guess they really are going fishing" as the bag held a fishing reel. I was pissed as hell but I watched my mouth. Maybe the officers felt threatened by a couple of 65 year old guys. I'm about done with Canada also. Seems to me they take U.S. sportsmen for granted. The fact is we bring a lot of money into their country.
I've received the same treatment crossing into the US years ago several times. The trip to the 100th Grand they had us empty the truck and camper, checked guns, ammo etc. At one point I thought the woman was going to place us under arrest until they checked everything over. That was at the Windsor/Detroit crossing. I have crossed a few times since without issue but I have to admit I have no desire to travel stateside any longer as much as I'd like to do a few shoots in the winter months but I'll just stay home and ice fish instead....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts