Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restocking my Citori with a Wening American Trap Stock. My question is regarding the different shapes of recoil pads. Pachmayr Trap models have a concave face, their skeet models are flat, Gooey pads are convex and Kick-Ezz has several shapes, flat, modified trap & rocker shape are a few. When anyone replaces a recoil pad, what determines which shape to use? Past experience, trail & error or what? Thanks for any input. Ed Fish Racine WI.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Personal preference. I like the flat Kick EEZ pads and my son likes their concaves. Try several to see what you like before you buy. Basically your shoulder pocket will determine the shape. Go to a gun store with a lot of guns with different pads. That way you can try the different shapes.

Matt

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Ed... I, personally, prefer the Kick-eez "modified" trap pad. The one I use is the 403. It works well for me as I have a pretty big chest and the pad allows me to mount the gun correctly consistantly. It is going to be a personal choice for you at this point.... It may be worth while to buy a couple different pads you like and try them on your gun without fitting the pad to the stock. That way you can find the one you like the best and sell the other ones here. In my opinion, the correct recoil pad makes all the difference in the world when it comes to correct gun mount and how the gun fits in your shoulder pocket. The recoil reducing effect of the pad is secondary for me. They all reduce some of the recoil.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.