Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend. Ranger. Sniper. EOD tech. Vietnam Vet. PhD Anthropology contracts to survey for indigenous sites on govt project land. AO Cancer survivor. Got the bad word 11 days ago that his cancer had come back. Died yesterday before the medicos could get him set up for therapy. There is a picture out there of the action Sammy Davis was awarded his MOH for, my friend Lou is in the forefront, running hard. He said he was shit-scared but knew Sammy was giving cover.

Adios Lou. You will be missed.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been lucky in life. I have had some very amazing friends in my circle. This run was Lou and Sammy, eventually Lou would be awarded the Silver Star and Sammy the MOH for their actions that day. View attachment 1715682

View attachment 1715682

Reactions: WadHopper

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I couldn’t get it to open. Would love to see the pic.

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. Godspeed Lou.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My condolences on the loss of your friend.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Flash, sorry for the loss of your friend. Sounds like he had a helluva run, and didn't allow life just to pass by. God speed, Lou!

Floyd T

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sammy Fulfilled his ambition to be someone worthy of merit. Bless you Sammy and Lou
Sammy L. Davis was the MOH ceremony where Forest Gump was photoshopped in.

Sometimes my enthusiasm for introducing my friends causes them embarrassment. So I try to keep it subdued.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sammy L. Davis was the MOH ceremony where Forest Gump was photoshopped in.

Sometimes my enthusiasm for introducing my friends causes them embarrassment. So I try to keep it subdued.

·
Super Moderator
3,035 Posts
Thanks Flash, very interesting read. You and your crew were real heroes.
Glad to see you back here.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Thanks for posting this Don. It seems like many of our hero’s are from the past and I’m glad they’re not forgotten. God speed to your comrade who served with you and thanks for your service as well.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
Flash,
My sincere condolences on the loss of your friend.
Prayers for your friend, his family and you.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for posting this Don. It seems like many of our hero’s are from the past and I’m glad they’re not forgotten. God speed to your comrade who served with you and thanks for your service as well.
I get a kick out of a lot of newbies here when they post denigrating messages AT me when I write something they don’t like. They tend to be “never was” and “never did” claims about my service but not one of them knows me. Most of the time I shrug it off because it really doesn’t mean “nuthin”. From the inside it can’t really be explained and from the outside it can’t really be understood. Those of us that saw the elephant, all muddy, bloody, and raw, know each other when we meet in person. The rest? If we meet them in a bar we just buy them another drink and move on.

I saw a toast once that I liked.
“Here’s to us, and those like us, damn few of us left.”

1 - 20 of 20 Posts