1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1944 Stevens 620

1972 High Standard 18-7

CIMG0048_0004.jpg.gif

CIMG0045_0005.jpg.gif

CIMG0046_0004.jpg.gif

CIMG0047_0005.jpg.gif

This High Standard made it all the way from Montana to New Jersey, but I could not take it home because New Jersey NICS was down Thursday and Friday:

flitekingauction1.jpg.gif

flitekingauction2.jpg.gif

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not planning on selling any of these (especially the one I have not even taken home yet).

I would however, consider trading the bead sight High Standard for an 18 inch Ithaca Military and Police in excellent condition.

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
My first riot gun was a JC Higgins (made by High Standard) vent rib field gun with a "Dial-A-Duck" that I cut back to the rib post nearest to 18". (I believe the barrel wound up at 19"). Rugged, well made gun. It also did not have a disconnector, and was very fast to cycle and shoot. Just hold the trigger back and pump. Mine was totally reliable. After using it for a few years I traded it off. Wish I hadn't. It was better than the riot gun I replaced it with (Winchester 1200 Defender). In turn I traded it off quickly for a Mossberg 590 and never looked back.

Your rifle sight High Standard uses the Flite-King Brush barrel with an extended mag. Nice find. I like it the best of the three.

What are the markings on your Stevens 620? Some of these were made for military contract and were issued to civilian guards at manufacturing plants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.