Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got together with my stepson and his two sons. Let the boys start with one of my shotguns and got to watch them make their first ever wing shots. When I got to the point of to tired, I turned my favorite shotgun over to the older boy. Good clean fun, awesome to see some first evers. Those first ever wing shots! The boys working together and having fun while being safe. Hearing both boys tell their dad, "THANK YOU FOR MAKING US COME! we want to it more!"

Can't want for a better day! Then this!

Al

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
It is as memorable for you as it is for them. The reason I got into the shooting sports is because of my maternal Grandpa. My elder brother and I used to spend our summers at our maternal grandparents' farm, returning to Manila a few days before school reopened. We hunted wild pigeons in the morning with 22s, Grandpa using his Winchester 52 Sporter topped with a Weaver K4, my brother and I using our Browning SAs. Too young to appreciate Grandpa's rifle at the time.
Got together with my stepson and his two sons. Let the boys start with one of my shotguns and got to watch them make their first ever wing shots. When I got to the point of to tired, I turned my favorite shotgun over to the older boy. Good clean fun, awesome to see some first evers. Those first ever wing shots! The boys working together and having fun while being safe. Hearing both boys tell their dad, "THANK YOU FOR MAKING US COME! we want to it more!"

Can't want for a better day! Then this!

Al

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Big Az Al,
Great to watch kids, especially your own, getting started in the shooting sports.
Best,
Breakemall
Western North Carolina
Indeed; that's why I coach SCTP Trap.

Sounds like a great day, Al, and building memories for those boys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts