Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up Saturday to the Double Guns of Nashville Open House at the Nashville Gun Club. I had never been there before. Impressive facility.
Double Guns of Nashville, a new Krieghoff and Blaser dealer, hosted an open house. Dozens of Kriggy-guns, Blasers and others. Terry Hetrick and partner, Barry Rich, were great hosts. Plenty of food and beverage. Demo guns, courtesy of Dieter Krieghoff who was also there the entire day - answering questions and explaining details of various Kriggy guns. Free shells. Free range fees. It was both a great social and shooting event. Even Bruce Scott. the producer of Sunrise Productions, was there. It was a delightful time. And for those of you who like to shoot on the cheap, it was all free.......
I must say this: My two most dominant impressions were:
Dieter Krieghoff is a very down to earth approachable guy.
Double Guns of Nashville wants to please the shotgun purchaser.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Dieter is a very nice guy and very approachable. I had the chance to go to dinner a couple of nights with him and once with he and one of his gunsmiths. Dieter had another function he had to make but left his gunsmith and I together to continue our conversations. I don't speak German and the gunsmith understood English fairly well but had trouble speaking fluently. As we conversed over the evening we found if we spoke about guns, engineering and hunting, we could communicate very well. Less so about other topics, lol. The 'smith was setting up my new 28"/32" two barrel sporting gun the next day so he had a good understanding of how I shot and how I liked my triggers, POI, balance, etc. The next day he set up the receiver, selected the barrel sets and hangers, had a couple of stocks ready to try with only a couple of questions. For a gun guy, it was a great few days and a lot of fun.

I haven't been to Nashville shooting but my son and I are wanting to go down for a weekend. What facilities do they have and what is their schedule? We enjoy trap, skeet, 5 stand, sporting and are aching to give FITASC a go.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dieter is a very nice guy and very approachable. I had the chance to go to dinner a couple of nights with him and once with he and one of his gunsmiths. Dieter had another function he had to make but left his gunsmith and I together to continue our conversations. I don't speak German and the gunsmith understood English fairly well but had trouble speaking fluently. As we conversed over the evening we found if we spoke about guns, engineering and hunting, we could communicate very well. Less so about other topics, lol. The 'smith was setting up my new 28"/32" two barrel sporting gun the next day so he had a good understanding of how I shot and how I liked my triggers, POI, balance, etc. The next day he set up the receiver, selected the barrel sets and hangers, had a couple of stocks ready to try with only a couple of questions. For a gun guy, it was a great few days and a lot of fun.

I haven't been to Nashville shooting but my son and I are wanting to go down for a weekend. What facilities do they have and what is their schedule? We enjoy trap, skeet, 5 stand, sporting and are aching to give FITASC a go.
Dieter certainly is approachable. I have also conversed with him a couple times at Savannah in the Spring. Just simply a nice guy.
I do not know what all facilities they have at Nashville; I just went directly to the open house by Double Guns of Nashville.
However, I'm betting you can find out, either by doing a search for Nashville Gun Club, or by searching Tennessee Clay Target Complex.

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
Open Wed-Sun, 10 til 4 or so. Three Sporting Courses, Short Course for Corporate and Small Bore shooting, Main course, and challenging Red Course. FITASC with adult targets, adult leads. Bring tighter chokes and 12 ga gun! The NGC is the only totally handicap accessible gun club East of the Mississippi.

Skeet and Trap fields, and the only Bunker open to the public in TN.

Great Clubhouse, recently remodeled, great Staff, and Katherine, who keeps it all running (with a little help from friends and Board Members).

Home

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
FITASC is open when the Club is open. Katherine will make sure you are familiar with the game. We have had shooters come back to the club mentioning that someone had lost their hula-hoops!

There is a (very) short learning curve on the control box. The Club, Board, and several volunteers have given time and substance to make a better shooting venue here. Adult targets, adult leads. You have been warned!

Bring a lot of ammo! It's easy for me to burn 100 or more rounds on this course.

We also have our Red Course. Championship targets. Five stations. I did mention to bring a lot of ammo. LOL

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for chiming in, Coach. This was my first time there and I am not equipped to answer questions about the place..... Much appreciated.
I will say this: It is a stunning location, right there on the Cumberland River. Very pretty, not to mention interesting barge traffic.
I liked it a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts