Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO:
a few years back i attended a local gun show. they offered alot of shotguns, handguns, and military type guns. i purchased a couple recoil pads from a friend of mine who is a retired gunsmith along with a spare 870 trigger. That evening my son says "dad your on tv". supposely a couple of guys who worked for the local tv station purchased tickets to the show and had a hidden camera filming the people who attended the show, along with type of guns that were being sold. i also remember hearing they were also looking to see if dealers would sell them guns without the correct paper work. someone at work said i saw you on tv at a gun show looking at some machine gun with a tripod. what has always concerned me, can a tv station go into a gun show, basically under false pretenses and start filming people attending the show?
steve balistreri

·
Registered
482 Posts
They do it all the time without anyones permission. Check out the local news. Check out the Constitution.

By the way, this should be an "off topic" thread.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the TV camera as much as the undercover ATF Agents. They nailed a vendor next to me when I was licensed and doing gun shows. The guy went to prison for selling to a felon That was in the early 80's. I had to testify at his trial because he and I did some business. I did nothing wrong but he tried me out on some ilegal automatic weapons. I refused to let him in my door and the ATF were watching. Lucky for me I did the right thing. The ATF does go to the shows

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.