Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about changing a Monte Carlo over to a slight roll-over stock. The MC stock is a bit too hard on me and an adjustable comb just don't cut it. Anyone have any experience doing such a thing short of buying a new straight stock?

· Registered
612 Posts
I'm a little confused about what you're asking. Can you be more descriptive?

You say you want a "rollover", yet that term normally applies to incorporating a so-called roll-over cheekpiece into a stock when it's first made.

You said your stock is currently "too hard on you", so I assume you mean recoil punishment to the face. Since you seemed to consider an adjustable comb (but nixed that idea because an adjustable comb "won't cut it"), I assume your current stock is too thick in the comb area? So, you actually need more comb offset . . . not a "rollover", correct?

And all of this is independent of whether or not the stock is Monte Carlo style or not. So, if you end up buying a new stock, it doesn't necessarily need to be a "straight stock" as you said.

Please provide more detail and we'll try to help.

· Registered
40 Posts
my new xt `s monte carlo was to high for me so i was able to take off about 1 in or so with a large belt sander to shape the stock to me when it was shooting where i wanted it to we refinished the wood and it amazing to shoot now no hitting in the face anymore ,jeff

· Registered
83 Posts
If the gun is battering you cheek, on an adjustable comb, try setting the back of the comb a little higher than the front. That way as the gun recoils the comb actually slides away from your cheek, not up into it.

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff, Perhaps the term "roll over" was the wrong way to describe what I meant since you can't make a roll over from a monte Carlo. I was thinking more in terms of sanding it down more on the cheek side while still lowering it. Browning stocks seem to me to be inherently thin by design thus I think a shooter gets a sharper jab so to speak from a M. C. stock.

I think the two posts after yours have probably answered my questions. Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.