Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Buyers that don't communicate enough and apparently don't check their PMs.

A while back I had a buyer that said " I'll take it". I sent him my mailing info and didn't hear anything else. After a week and a half with no mail, PM, or email I sent three PMs trying to get some kind of response. In the third PM I said if I didn't hear back within five days I would cancel the sale and relist.

That is what happened and the item sold and was shipped. About a week later a received a check in the mail. It was postmarked two and a half weeks after I PMed my info. I returned the check with a letter explaining why. I never heard another word.

Bud

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
There ought to be rules for sellers too...I believe we should have it like other sites that you cant sell something here before you have 100 posts in...and NO PICS...NO AD! nothing more frustrating

·
Vendor
19,392 Posts
Rick... Tell us that you have never been a "Side-liner". Then go back and delete those that peck at the seller.

Side-lining is half the fun on TS.com

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
It's difficult to prevent uninvited comments on open forums, but keeping it civilized is common courtesy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with what Rick said. The seller is trying to do a business transaction and it is ignorant for people not interested in buying to denigrate the item, the price, etc. It's really simple. If you don't want it, don't buy it. But let the seller do his transaction without interference. gdr

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think if you are too new to the site and "Don't know how or Can't post pictures" you should wait till you do understand how and can before selling here.

I know from my own dealings here I wont buy anything i cant see, I dont continue to read threads without pictures.

On the same note I sell here too and I don't expect anyone to look at or buy my stuff with out examples of my product.

Thanks

Jerry Lewis

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Anyone selling a plain, ordinary 870 at 20% above MSRP is BEGGING for posts chiding the delusional price.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Rick, I believe Sam Remo may have been related to the Mossburgs, the family often confused with the shotgun manufacturer, O.F. Mossberg.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
People who ask length of pull and point of impact on high dollar guns. You're thinking of buying a $10,000 to $20,000 shot gun but don't want to spend another $100 for a different recoil pad. And point of impact can be changed by raising or lowering the comb.Bud

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
If I don't like the item I don't post a thing in resect to the seller. If I have to say something to the seller that isn't + about the item I will PM him and keep it private so not to trash the thread. In other words to help him with the sale that shouldn't be on a open form.

To me that is the proper way to do it.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
If you are "new" or even an older poster on here, there are lots of people who have and do offer to help you post pics. Many will post pics for you if you email them the info. No excuses.

No pics=no sale

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Posts the just say what it is and a price are often overlooked. Turn offs to me are selling Perazzi's one piece at a time when you own the whole gun. Pictures and lots of them are great along with an honest description on condition. I have bought and sold several guns and other things on here with great experiences.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts