Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a small idea but how would a well promoted but "good ol' fashioned" turkey trapshoot go in a huge market like Phoenix, AZ?

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
That's a great question Barry. I'd figure with 100 plus shooters and a couple big outlet stores with some advertising and possible donations it would be a success with little overhead.

But I'm in the Middle of nowhere with a populous of 750. I'm probably way off base.

Brady Gies

·
5,229 Posts
How about a desert quail shoot... something regional that folks can relate to?

Jay

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Good question Barry. I lived in Phoenix for 2 years and always missed the games and turkey shoots. ( just could not find any) I think they would go over well

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I love the idea. I would be there. I wonder if it could be done at a state run facility??
Have a great Thanksgiving Barry.

Tom Strunk

·
Premium Member
10,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too late to organize for this year in Phoenix. I'll work on it for next year. I used to run them back at my original club in Lithcfield, IL. We shot a lot of grocery shoots too. Shot for coffee, steaks, gift certificates, ,,, all kinds of merchandise too.

I know how to organize it so I'll talk to the folks out at Ben Avery and maybe at Rio Salado too.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Ain't about the turkey...its about the fun. Hell last one I won cost me about forty bucks. But guess who I beat in the shootoff to win it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts