Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the TulAmmo Small rifle primers or the TulAmmo 223 lead free primers yet. I see some in stock and was thinking of trying them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The primer cups are slightly harder than other primers. I bought 15K Tula small pistol primers a few months ago and they have been fine(I've shot about 5K of them). My nephew has uses them in his glock and I shoot them thru my STI Edge and Trojan with no problems.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Lead free primers may not work well will all powders. I'd try them out and check velocity variation and accuracy at the least. I can also say that I suspect they aren't the best for extremely cold temps. A normally consistent load was pretty poor when the temps went under 20. Checking velocity showed more variation than when I worked up the loads in warmer weather. Didn't get the chance to put some in the freezer and test them, but did the same basic thing at the range when we had the last cold snap. I've tried a limited amount of the small rifle so far, but have a few other types to check out. I think I'll wait until spring. :) It would be interesting to find out if they have a decent shelf life when stored properly. I might not live long enough to find out, but some of the younger guys might have time to test them over 50 years or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts