Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas on tube set storage. I bought a set of Briley 20 ga tubes and the plastic storage bag is shot. I know they make guncases with storage for tube sets but I don't have the money for that. I was looking for what is available on the market or did you make your own. Thanks Phil

·
Registered
64 Posts
The hard plastic "clamshell" arrow cases that Cabelas sells are great for storing/transporting your tubes. They already have the foam arrow holders
installed, so you can pop the tubes in the slots and they won't rattle around.

Inexpensive, great protection and room for more tubes if you get some!

Of course, you'll have to put your gun in it's own case!

Just something for you to think about!
Bob

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Go to the post office and buy a $3.00 mailing tube. They are rugged and have a removable end cap. Cheap way to protect them.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Ameicase sells an extruded Plastic tube holder made to length and can be had in 4 or 6 compartment. They will make an 8 compartment on request.

·
Registered
861 Posts
RubberMaid - they might have a neat suitable container. Or 2 - 2-1/2" PVC pipe to length and glue a cap on one end and a screw-on cap end on the other. That's how I store my cleaning rods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i found a pool cue case, works for me until i find something better, it holds three sets of tubes and has a pouch for chokes and nockout tool.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is what I've done. Pictures self explanatory.

gkinla_2008_03031.jpg

gkinla_2008_03032.jpg

gkinla_2008_03033.jpg

You may have to sand out the inside dia of the pipe slightly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.