Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,618 Posts
The third paragraph from the article,

"Our base case is for a (Hillary) Clinton victory and mostly continuity in policies," the note said, adding that a Clinton administration could result in a major fiscal expansion."

reveals the whole thing to be horse$hit. The policies that the article says will be continued haven't created a "major fiscal expansion" yet, why would they be expected to in the future?

Reactions: Remdog1187

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
All I saw when I opened the link was MSN, and did not need to go any further. Their fiction is always nonsense.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
WE are already in a depression. Actual unemployment is about 15%,
but not reported because once people run out of unemployment
benefits, they quit counting them as unemployed even though they are.
Food stamps have replaced the soup lines of the 1930's. Housing has
declined in price just as much as it did in the 30's. We had the first
stock market melt down when this all started about 2008, and we should
be getting another one shortly.

We will be in this depression until government taxes and regulation
are reduced, probably even longer.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
WE are already in a depression. Actual unemployment is about 15%,
but not reported because once people run out of unemployment
benefits, they quit counting them as unemployed even though they are.
Food stamps have replaced the soup lines of the 1930's. Housing has
declined in price just as much as it did in the 30's. We had the first
stock market melt down when this all started about 2008, and we should
be getting another one shortly.

We will be in this depression until government taxes and regulation
are reduced, probably even longer.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
More inaccurate doom and gloom. The price of homes, at least on the West Coast has skyrocketed. Homes normally won't stay on the market for a week and will bring more than the asking price.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
World economy has slowed. There is nearly 14 trillion dollars in government issued bonds with negative interest rates. China is in a slow mo crash. Grain prices are dropping which is bad news for farmers and their bad news is bad news for the likes of Deer and other suppliers to the farming economy. Live cattle prices,hogs and feed cattle are falling. Oil is still a problem as supply exceeds demand. All add up to a downturn in the economy so it matters not who is in office because a recession is going to happen as the deck is stacked against growth.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
The only time I ever lost money in the stock mkt was when i used Solomon Smith Barney, which was owned by Citigroup--they pushed Citigroup products-we were living on our bot & cruising @ the time & communications were not what they are today. Had a managed account-they pushed crap. Fired them and self directed, made it back.
Wall St pays for info, clear and simple-no such thing as insider trading-yeah right--

Phil Berkowitz

·
Banned
1,949 Posts
The only time I ever lost money in the stock mkt was when i used Solomon Smith Barney, which was owned by Citigroup--they pushed Citigroup products-we were living on our bot & cruising @ the time & communications were not what they are today. Had a managed account-they pushed crap. Fired them and self directed, made it back.
Wall St pays for info, clear and simple-no such thing as insider trading-yeah right--

Phil Berkowitz
Phil,

Please explain. On a different thread you said you were living on 5-5 1/2% tax free bonds. Does this mean you made up your losses from Smith Barney by trading tax free bonds. If so, I sure would like to know your secret.

Yes, there is insider trading and there is also legal front running of orders.

·
Banned
643 Posts
Phil...please tell us how you are making 5 1/2 percent tax free municipal bonds that are not junk rated..these are thirty year maturity levels I assume. Again, just for Phil to answer not the rest of you ding a lings.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
Phil...please tell us how you are making 5 1/2 percent tax free municipal bonds that are not junk rated..these are thirty year maturity levels I assume. Again, just for Phil to answer not the rest of you ding a lings.
Actually my city carries a "AA" rating and it's bonds are running in the 4-6% range so you don't have to be buying non investment grade muni's to get such a rate.

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
Citigroup...........Don't listen to what they say, rather watch what they do.

They stuck their nose deep in the stimulus trough after the meltdown.

HM

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Thanks to the African, we are approaching 20 trillion in debt and Trump is going to cause a recession?

WTF?

I would GLADLY trade any recession Trump could muster up compared to what we are looking at in the not so distant future.

A recession you can ride out. Total economic collapse is another story, and that is where I see us going.

Food, water, guns, ammo.

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
Check out this video. More than evidence Liberalism is a mental illness.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts