Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Thanks for heads up Jim, just curious what year / model was the “real wood“.
I'm not sure either. However Beretta called it Xtra Grain. Some, but not all had a marker that would identify them. See pic below. But if you are in doubt call Baretta and see if they can help you. Also I think if you took off the pad and wetted the wood you should be able to see the grain and it should relatively match what is visible on the sides of the stock.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Defiantly don’t have the Xtra Grain but good to know there are some in circulation. Some of the images I saw actually looked pretty good.... maybe just the photo lighting but didn’t look that fake.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You aren’t stupid by any means. You are just uninformed. I know because I was in the same place as you until about 7 years ago.

In my opinion, you should research the internet and YouTube to get ideas & instruction about how to refinish stocks. Then, get a couple of broken or beat up stocks and practice stripping and applying new finish. Then, you are ready to do it on your existing gun. This requires a lot of time and effort on your part, but it can be an enjoyable and fulfilling experience.

If you don’t want such an undertaking, it is best to find an expert finisher and let that person do the work and produce a fine product.

Good luck!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts