Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone here has had this issue and what they did to resolve this problem...

I bought a pair of Ranger Falcon Pro glasses last summer with the RX insert. They have extended nose pads to account for the insert. From the start I had problems with the insert touching my eyebrows and getting sweat on them. If I move them out far enough to avoid this, the recoil when I fire slams them back into my face. A local optician has attempted to help me adjust them but it was not successful in resolving the problem.

I had heard rumor recently about Randolph offering credit on the XLW frames as a fix for this. Randolph has discontinued the insert and extended nose pads. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wondered if anyone here has had this issue and what they did to resolve this problem...

I bought a pair of Ranger Falcon Pro glasses last summer with the RX insert. They have extended nose pads to account for the insert. From the start I had problems with the insert touching my eyebrows and getting sweat on them. If I move them out far enough to avoid this, the recoil when I fire slams them back into my face. A local optician has attempted to help me adjust them but it was not successful in resolving the problem.

I had heard rumor recently about Randolph offering credit on the XLW frames as a fix for this. Randolph has discontinued the insert and extended nose pads. Has anyone done this?
I had lots of problems, same as yours . Could not shoot more than 20 targets in the heat last week because of perspiration and fogging . I called Randolph they offered me no credit but told me to call Morgan Optical where I bought them . I'm really not a happy camper with Randolph .
Looking at a company that sells Castelinni brand . Look it up you may really like them . Made in the same factory as Pilla
Soup

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Randolph called back and left me a voicemail. I could not understand what the lady was saying through her accent. I called back and left a message on the voicemail. I am not going to just write off $500+ worth of frames and lenses. This was a big decision for me to buy these on my limited trap budget. I am still hopeful they can resolve this to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I quit wearing my Rangers for the same problem. Got a pair of Pilla's, and couldn't be happier.
Expensive though!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Randoph says they have a redesigned Rx insert and they are going to ship it to me to try. I will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have any of the optically challenged * shooters tried contact lens lately?
They have made a lot of strides in technology lately, the disposable/daily wear lens are really light and easy to wear.
*disclaimer the term “optically challenged” is not meant to hurt any feelings and should not be viewed as a slur either racial, ethnical or physically

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried contacts a while back. I have a serious problem sticking things into my eyes. I really gave it a honest try (4 months). I could always get one eye done in a few seconds but the other would take 5-10 minutes. If I could master contacts, I would ditch the inserts. Heck, if I wasn't so paranoid I would jump on the Lasik surgery track.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ideally, I would think planos and contacts will work great. I have astigmatism and the optometrist recommended I use RX lenses, in order to have optimal vision.

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
Have any of the optically challenged * shooters tried contact lens lately?
They have made a lot of strides in technology lately, the disposable/daily wear lens are really light and easy to wear.
*disclaimer the term “optically challenged” is not meant to hurt any feelings and should not be viewed as a slur either racial, ethnical or physically

I thought optically challenged referred to butt ugly? No? Yes?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please keep us posted. I'm trying to figure out wether to order Pilla, Randolph, or Castellani glasses with RX inserts.
Randolph no longer sells an Rx insert for the Falcon or Falcon Pro line due to the issues discussed here. I am told, but not verified first-hand, that the problem does not exist in the XLW line of frames.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Randolph no longer sells an Rx insert for the Falcon or Falcon Pro line due to the issues discussed here. I am told, but not verified first-hand, that the problem does not exist in the XLW line of frames.
The XLW frame requires RX lenses for each lens color right? I want to only have the insert RX and the colored lenses plano.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well my friend you and I were had ! I switched back to my DeCots and blinders . I spent close to 5 skins for the Falcon Pros and can't shoot a full 25 targets without perspiration and fogging issues . Expensive lesson . Randolph offered me zero consideration.
Soup

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well my friend you and I were had ! I switched back to my DeCots and blinders . I spent close to 5 skins for the Falcon Pros and can't shoot a full 25 targets without perspiration and fogging issues . Expensive lesson . Randolph offered me zero consideration.
Soup
TTT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts