Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been loading them for years but past couple years I am getting more and more of them showing gas leakage around the primers on the first reloading. I've tried Win 209s and Federal 209s and it shows up with either one. Primers are fully seated, loading isn't hot as I'm using 17.5grs Red Dot under 9/8oz. Any ideas on how to stop this?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I get the same thing. Kinda sad when you get a premium hull, put good stuff in, and only get one reload. The quality of papers is not what it was in the past.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I use Noble Sport Primers on the new papers....seals them right up....Fed 209 on the older style for 2 loads...then use the Noble Sport for the last load....works well for me

·
Registered
864 Posts
I use Noble Sport Primers on the new papers....seals them right up....Fed 209 on the older style for 2 loads...then use the Noble Sport for the last load....works well for me

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
untitled.png

Only primer I use and have used for years,
They are a bit bigger. Might seal it up for you, Hate to see you have to use several different brands of primers,

DGH

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm more than willing to try another primer. I keep the Federal 209A just for the Federal hulls so switching to another isn't a bother. Which of the Euro primers is the biggest?

·
Registered
864 Posts
There is a primer chart somewhere here on one of the posts....or perhaps DGH has it.

·
Banned
242 Posts
Using '616s' in loaders that push the primers from the bottom, you might get a lot of 'dished' brass !!! Best used in MEC style loaders that push from the inside !!---JMHO !!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I used 616 primers in papers. Worked great for the first load. Sadly the second time they seated a little deeper and ended up with light primer strikes. Cost me big at the hoppie three years ago.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Local dealers carry both the Fiocchi and Noble. One says NS is better, other prefers Fiocchi!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts