Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tron why don't you come out and shoot this Sunday at Multi Lakes. Sight in starts a 12 and Varmit shoot starts at 3.

Tim

·
Supporting Vendor
9,764 Posts
Hmmmmm Timmy....I was supposed to play with Dorean over at Fenton, he's getting a little cocky. But...that could change.

You guys need a good spanking, that's for sure.

Tron.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked online about it and don't see it on the calender I'll call Jim Nesbeth and find out for sure . Tim

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Hi Tron...I have the same model Savage you do...I plan to do the adjustable comb thing too..have you tweaked the trigger on yours yet?

·
Supporting Vendor
9,764 Posts
Yeah, let me know if you want me to cut a comb on yours. It's actually a nice feature. I installed a Basix trigger and it's at about 10oz with NO creep at all. This is the funnest rifle that I've ever owned....I like the fact that reloading is not an option, that way it's never in the back of your head "I wonder if it would be better if I did this or that". You know?

Tron.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Tron, do you mean you can't reload a .17 or that you just aren't? I'm thinking on possibly getting one an if I can't reload it I probably won't.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
DUH!!!!!OK, OK it's Friday and it's been a long week. The .17 is fairly new to me. I guess I'll have to go out and price some ammo. Sometimes I'm so dumb I even surprise myself! Or maybe it was when I fell out of the tree studying to be a "branch" manager. Only a few more hours to "Miller time".

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Supporting Vendor
9,764 Posts
There are a lot of basic grammar errors on this thread. Forrest, you mean "can't" not "cant". Cant would refer to something being tilted. You also missed the apostophy in "its", you should have typed "it's". jwells, you didn't start your sentence out with a capital, there is a decimal point in front of "22", so it should have been ".22". Also, I may add that you then started another sentence with the word "and". Tim, where do I start with you? You missed the comma after Tron and I'll leave it at that.

Jerry, you're looking pretty good. Keep up the good work.

Tron.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
What kind of squad car does the grammar police ride in? I hope they don't have those low-profile rollers as it's hard to tell when they are coming up behind you! Hope all have a great weekend and GO BUST SOME TARGETS.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Registered
438 Posts
"Does the grammer police ride in." No. No. No. Should be "do the grammar..." "Comming up behind you." No. No. No. Should be "Comming behind you." What ever happened to grade school? What do grammer police have to do with trap shooting anyway? I like topics like beads, POI and POA, stock fitting secrets, how to put the reload into the box...really important stuff.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
CharlesR1100-when you blast away at those who use improper grammar do you use 71/2's or 8's? LOL/chill out/ease up/have a drink...it's Friday!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

·
Registered
438 Posts
Jerry...Boy are we headed for a great weekend!

On the trap field I would use 6s if I can get away with it. Super full choke, 2 oz. of extra hard mag shot in a 3 inch shell. BOOM! Ought to solve any clay bird problem!

Grammar police have never bothered me. Tron makes errors all the time. Do not be bothered by him. I think he even removes all of his prior posts.

But some of the posts on TS.com do appear to be composed in code.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,764 Posts
That's a Leupold VX-3, 4.5 x 14 x 50.....but, I have since replaced it with a Redfield Aluminator 3x9 and I put that VX-3 on my Savage 14 in .243 for deer hunting.

Tron.

·
Supporting Vendor
9,764 Posts
I made the decision based on advise from some very well respected varmint league shooters and from previous experiences that I've had with Savage products. No, I'm in no way brand loyal, but for the money (and some say even without money being a factor) Savages are pretty hard to beat.

Tron.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tron I talked to Nesbeth and he said it's a go better bring that .243 also so I can spank ya with my .22-250.Don't even pull that grammer crap on me cause I don't give a **** . Hope to see ya there.

Tim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.