Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local army area has fishing lakes and provides the boat, oars, preserver, fire extinguisher, anchor and trolling motor, but no battery. What type of battery, how to charge between uses. I have a trickle charger. Nubs Wagner

·
Registered
719 Posts
deep cycle 12 volt battery, 10amp charger. Batt should be about $75 charger about $50. Trickle charger will take forever plus a few days to charge your battery. new chargers are all automatic, connect and charger will go to a maintain mode when battery is fully charged.

·
Registered
778 Posts
keep the battery on trickle or maintenance the entire time it is not used. Lead Acid batteries like to be kept topped off. Let them drain and they come back a little less each time. The deep cycle is better but you still do not want to have it set around discharged.

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
You ask a perfectly reasonable Troll question, and all the hairy little buggers go and hide under the bridge....what is this world coming to?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got me. It was a real question. My cousin said to get a car batt. Now I have to find where to buy a deep cycle marine batt. Nubs.

·
Registered
Brownings
444 Posts
Start with Sears for that kind of battery, and they have good chargers also.

Charlie

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Ask Skeety. He's a trolling expert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.