Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to know those that have a Viper G2, how many rounds you've put through it, how it feels, and how it has held up. Please only reply if you own one, or have shot one frequently. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I bought a Tri Star Viper in the 28 ga. in the 30 inch barrel. I shot it around home for a few months without any break downs or troubles of any kind.
I took it to Argentina with me for a high volume dove hunt. 1,000 birds per day and more. The Argentinians provided RST ammo and the gun did not function well after a couple of hundred rounds. I switched to their Benelli 20 ga autos and had no trouble for the rest of my stay. I assume that the gun just had trouble with the ammo provided as I have had no trouble with AA or Rem ammo that I have shot stateside.
I do like the gun and it is fun shooting sporting clays with it. Sorry, no help with 12 ga. but that is my experience with the 28

John

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a 12 ga synthetic 26" barrel. I also have two stocks for it, a youth and standard. Like any auto out there, it runs great when it's clean! You'll have to break it in with magnum loads, but after that, you're good to go. I've shot sporting clays with it using 1 oz Rios without problems. I also pheasant hunted with it last season to see what it was made of, no problems. I will say it's not the same as my Beretta autos, but it's a 1/4 of the cost! Great gas auto that's inexpensive and good starter gun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Last year I bought the 20 gauge field model in black synthetic. Thus far I have run perhaps 350 rounds through it and found that it functions reliably with all factory ammunition except the cheap Winchester promotional loads that are available at Walmart. Have not tried my own reloads. For what I paid it fills the niche nicely for a rainy day bird gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts