Trapshooters Forum banner

Tristar Unsingle

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  WadHopper 
#1 ·
Have any of you experienced shooters tried one? Opinions please.

#13 ·
Every person I know that has either an SKB or a TriStar trap gun is very happy with them. Anyone who says the quality is bad has never shot one let alone owned one. I have one of each plus guns from Winchester, Beretta,Remington,Browning and others and these are not leaving anything to be desired in terms of quality.
I have owned a Tri Star and I say the quality is bad.

#17 ·
2 yrs on combo 11k
6.5 weeks in shop one time.
Traded Stoeger for new TT15 unsingle which is now my primary singles gun. Only 2650 through it so far. Redesigned better trigger, two FTF, one bad primer one light strike.
Garrett at Tristar restored my faith in service and did right by me as far as I'm concerned and that's what matters.
Buddy bought TT15 DTA and I liked it and bought as primary doubles gun.
So...for under $3k I'm in sorta deep but I have...
Primary Singles gun
Primary Doubles gun
Back up combo for both should one fail and no finance charges.
Now...you wanna talk transparency?
What about all the support I got when I had a momentary laps of faith in my gun? Freakin people came out off the woodwork to offer their support and guidance, hell, some even offered to send me their guns to shoot for a few weeks to see what I thought. That's cool, great...fine and dandy, I truly appreciate it BUT where the hell were they before?
Transparent my ass.
We should be encouraging new shooters to get into our sport, not ridiculing their chosen tool based on their income and means of financing the other aspects of this sport. The guns the cheap part for gods sake, I just dropped damn near $300 for one weekend of shooting. Yeah, I played options and bought some pie but damn man, you think the average TriStar guys gonna go after the grand? I can't afford the Karen's cup, let alone Buckeye and then there's our state shoot that just got even more expensive since now I'm shooting singles too but I'll figure it out and hopefully kick some ass. If not at least I'm doing what I love.
And then there's a simple fact that some people are only willing to pay so much for certain things. Do I think a K80 combos worth $20k...doesn't matter, I ain't never payin!
Do I think a cool trucks worth $70k? Doesn't matter.
I'm tired, have a headache and gotta be to work much sooner than I wanna be and deal with crap I don't wanna deal with...just like the tristar saga. See y'all, goodnight and say a prayer for Hippie...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.