Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately there has been a lot of chatter on the new TriStar Trap O/U - does anybody have any experience with the Viper model for Sporting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
One of the best deals for a starter gun available, Lifetime warranty, great customer service. I have several students that have purchased them, no issues whatsoever. the youth model comes with 2 stocks and a barrel extension. I highley reccomeend this gun for a beginning shooter.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Uncle bought one for my cousin in a semi auto. Trap model gun. Seems to be well made for the money, for how much he shoots a year (not much) it is a match. Easy to field strip and clean, especially for a 15 year old. Cousin shot the heck out of it from the first shot. Scores inproved greatly. I wouldnt mind having one for a field or sporting gun. Fairly comfy for anyone IMHO. The warranty was a big seller to uncle and myself alike..
Wouldn't mind seeing how the ou guns do compared to semi's.
I can say from watching his gun library expand this was by far the best of what he has brought out yet. No its not a beretta a400 nor a mossberg 500 but somewhere in the middle for someone who does not shoot more than 1k or 2k rds a year.

3rd edit I think his is the higher end model. He has not experienced any issues that I know of other than one this year, but likely due to improperly treated metals. The barrel bushing that attaches to the barrel and tube expanded a tad (a thou or two) and wouldnt slide into place without a small amount of force. Other than that no fte ftf issues since new. If anyone has questions about the tristars I may be able to help. But its just a good all around gun for ACS novice shooters.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
One of the best deals for a starter gun available, Lifetime warranty, great customer service. I have several students that have purchased them, no issues whatsoever. the youth model comes with 2 stocks and a barrel extension. I highley reccomeend this gun for a beginning shooter.
Valmet 412 ST's also have a lifetime warranty-as did the Charles Daly semi-autos I think. Good luck with either one!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
bought a viper g2 sporting for my daughter a little over a year ago. had a problem with the adjustable comb screws coming loose. sent to factory they replaced the stock and forearm no questions asked. they redesigned the way the comb post are attached. excellent customer service. would recommend them. thinking of buying the new o/u

·
Registered
99 Posts
My friend and I both bought the youth models for our sons a few years back for duck hunting. Both guns experienced hang fires about 15 minutes apart while in separate boats (pretty scary). Luckily no one was hurt in either case. After cleaning the trigger group I have never had was able to reproduce a hang file or found anything specific that would have caused this. Needless to say both guns aren't in the duck boats any more. I do still use this gun for youth trap for kids who don't have access to a youth gun - but that is in a more controlled setting. I would advise cleaning the trigger group after every session.

·
Sky Buster
4,166 Posts
My friend and I both bought the youth models for our sons a few years back for duck hunting. Both guns experienced hang fires about 15 minutes apart while in separate boats (pretty scary). Luckily no one was hurt in either case. After cleaning the trigger group I have never had was able to reproduce a hang file or found anything specific that would have caused this. Needless to say both guns aren't in the duck boats any more. I do still use this gun for youth trap for kids who don't have access to a youth gun - but that is in a more controlled setting. I would advise cleaning the trigger group after every session.
If it's made in Turkey - It is one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts