Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this sport and have a question about the TriStar 35420 O/U combo model with the drop out trigger I have read many posts in other forums bagging on the turk gun. Does anyone have any real life experience (proof) that tis gun is not good? Does anyone think it is an OK entry level trap gun? I have a budget of about 1800.00 Looking forward to the combined wisdom in the replies.

Registered
I had one of the first combos . I put roughly 10000 rounds through it and had no problems. I just shoot my ljutics better.

Registered
A year ago I gave some consideration to. Tristar, but so many here and others at a couple clubs talked me out of it.
Plenty of stories good and bad but I've heard more bad than good.
For the budget you mentioned of @ 1800, I would suggest looking at the Browning CXT. It seems to be pretty agreeable here and elsewhere that it maybe the best bang for the buck in a no frills (no fancy engraving etc) trap gun. Plus will hold its value and if maintained can last a lifetime

Premium Member
If memory serves me correctly, Wadhopper had a Tristar with a drop out trigger. The only problem was the trigger was NOT suppose to drop-out!

What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
If memory serves me correctly, Wadhopper had a Tristar with a drop out trigger. The only problem was the trigger was NOT suppose to drop-out!
It was supposed to drop out, just not on the second shot. Guys on my doubles squad were thrilled to say the least.
Although quite embarrassing I suppose it was kinda funny watching me crawl around looking for it in the tall grass.

Banned
Hello everyone, I am new to this sport and have a question about the TriStar 35420 O/U combo model with the drop out trigger I have read many posts in other forums bagging on the turk gun. Does anyone have any real life experience (proof) that tis gun is not good? Does anyone think it is an OK entry level trap gun? I have a budget of about 1800.00 Looking forward to the combined wisdom in the replies.
Hello, I shoot one of the 1st ones. Everyone makes fun of me, but I never had to send it back, and I have over 10,000 registered targets. Other shoots, I hear them complaining that they just had to send in the gun for service. They paid $7,000 and up. If you are just getting into the sport and you are on a budget. Then yes...buy it.

Supporting Vendor
Hello, I shoot one of the 1st ones. Everyone makes fun of me, but I never had to send it back, and I have over 10,000 registered targets. Other shoots, I hear them complaining that they just had to send in the gun for service. They paid $7,000 and up. If you are just getting into the sport and you are on a budget. Then yes...buy it.
Where do these guys come from?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for your insight, Always nice to hear from someone who owns one.

What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
Thank you for your insight, Always nice to hear from someone who owns one.
I've owned four sigh
Original combo.
Unsingle only (bought for when other was out for repairs)
Updated combo with tapered ribs cause the original was pretty flat and hoping they had some bugs worked out. Nope, it wound up going back too.
Deluxe model was the last one I had and pretty sure that one in particular broke the camel's back, literally.
I shouldn't knock them too bad because they did give me an idea what I was after in a dedicated trap gun. Other than that, I suppose if you buy a used one your money won't go to terrorists.

Registered
At a ATA shoot in the 200 singles a sub junior on my squad had one several FTF per 25 2nd 100 he put the o/u barrels on i don't think the barrels were regulated the last 25 he shot a betetta 303 with no issues. On the same squad another junior shot one with no issues. A friend shoots one with no issues i think they work or they have issues.but for an 1800 budget i would look at a browning or beretta they also will have better resale val

Registered
Usually they climb out from under the rock that they live under.
MG
Whereas @Tron pokes his head through the bridge railing trying to avoid the rocks.

Reactions: Tron

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've owned four sigh
Original combo.
Unsingle only (bought for when other was out for repairs)
Updated combo with tapered ribs cause the original was pretty flat and hoping they had some bugs worked out. Nope, it wound up going back too.
Deluxe model was the last one I had and pretty sure that one in particular broke the camel's back, literally.
I shouldn't knock them too bad because they did give me an idea what I was after in a dedicated trap gun. Other than that, I suppose if you buy a used one your money won't go to terrorists.
[/QU

Thank you for your reply. Can you let me know the age of the units? Also what do you own now after that experience?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts