Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not shot or kept up with trapshooting for a long time, but did read that TripleB's in the Los Angeles area, i.e., South El Monte, has closed. I find this upsetting since so much of the shotgun and shooting sports seem to be "drying up" due to lack of interest, cost, new generations with different ways of recreating, and the like.

Long live the shooting sports, one of the last bastions of amateur competition.

Appreciate knowing what, when, and what will happen to that part of Whittier Narrows...so many gunclubs have gone by the wayside....and too many in So-California. (I now live in Northern California)

Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Triple B has re opened, now called LA Clays. All new machines and they put a lot of work in fixing the place up.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'd guess the view of the future depends upon where you live. Some states are recognizing trapshooting as a sport in some High Schools. The states that do so have published very positive results and participation numbers. MN seems to be leading the way with truly incredible numbers.

"The Minnesota State High School Clay Target League wrapped up its 2019 state championship shoot in Alexandria on June 18 after nine straight days and nearly 8,350 kids got a chance to shoot at a packed Alexandria Shooting Park.". Dated 6/19/2019.

Feature that, nearly 8350 in just one state.
College's are on board. The number of schools are too long to list. An enormous growth in both the SCTP and SASP programs. The last SCTP participation numbers I could find were for 2015 with 12,504 participating, and it looks like a fair amount of them continue to stay active. Yes, I hope this virus thing passes, soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts