Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a release trigger for the lower barrel ( release/pull for doubles). On a SKB 585
Anyone know of a good gun smith that will make one? I have heard the name Phillips but I thought I
would ask around.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Phillip is good. No doubt about that. Dean Harris of Skeets Gun Shop also good. Both recommended I get my 85TSS release done by Mel Hunting in Odessa, Fl. Mel was the SKB repair center a few years ago. Dean mentioned something about the geometry of SKB hammers being somewhat different. Mel did two release triggers for me a few years ago and they have been flawless.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phillip is good. No doubt about that. Dean Harris of Skeets Gun Shop also good. Both recommended I get my 85TSS release done by Mel Hunting in Odessa, Fl. Mel was the SKB repair center a few years ago. Dean mentioned something about the geometry of SKB hammers being somewhat different. Mel did two release triggers for me a few years ago and they have been flawless.
Mel and his Son Glen no longer do triggers for SKB. Just have to figure out how to get a hold of this Phillips. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Am really sorry to hear Mel no longer does the SKB release triggers. Every time I have the stocks off my 85TSS guns I am amazed at what a great installation his design is. The workmanship is truly classical.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am really sorry to hear Mel no longer does the SKB release triggers. Every time I have the stocks off my 85TSS guns I am amazed at what a great installation his design is. The workmanship is truly classical.
Neither of them are the best of health right now.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a Mel Hunting release for a Perazzi that I would like to get the release let off changed on. I see here where Mel is not woking on triggers anymore. Where would you folks recommend I have do the work? Someone that knows Mel's wore maybe? Or just contact Phillips? I've had Phillip do a couple of releases for me in the past and was very pleased with the work. Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts