Trapshooters Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
28,274 Posts
Your manners need sharpening up. Sure your oxygen tube isn’t kinked?
It’s linked. Manners? Calling a spade a spade is pretty good manners. Allowing you to continue in abject foolishness would be unmannerly. One corrects a foolish child.

·
Banned
243 Posts
It’s linked. Manners? Calling a spade a spade is pretty good manners. Allowing you to continue in abject foolishness would be unmannerly. One corrects a foolish child.
Better turn up your flow. And I corrected my typo to ‘kinked’. Don’t think you’re getting enough.

Sorry you’re so sold on wives takes and mistaken information you have to get pissy about it, but if that’s your flavor, pack a lunch. I’m game.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I was wondering how much difference a millisecond or two could really make and it got me thinking about my transition to shooting a K80. I’m a trigger slapper on a shotgun, but that K80 trigger was faster and much different than any shotgun trigger I had ever slapped. The gun wasn’t hard for me to get used to, but I did find myself shooting under some targets and I wasn’t really smoking them like I wanted to. As I worked toward getting the gun to fit me a little better, I went to the pattern board and set it up to shoot 15” high at 30 yards. Long story longer, I took it to the line for the first time and shot over a Garmin Xero S1. Absolutely smoked the first 3 clays with a reading of 0” on the Garmin (perfectly centered). That instantly convinced me that I needed a high POI for trap. 🙂 Now I’m wondering how much the trigger actually played into that high POI transition. Another interesting observation is that other lower POI Browning shooters that try my gun have absolutely no problem hitting clays. Hmmm…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good looking time piece!!! I bet it is higher than Rolex !!! Thank you ktt for posting this. This modern technology sure has taken trapshooting to different level. Those guys that broke hundreds in the 1960's could have broke 2 or 3 extra targets if they would have had this technology and todays guns.
[/QUOTE
First, they are anticipating the green, second, thousandths vs milliseconds is quite different, third, lock time still has no effect on POI.

MOI of a given gun, setting off a super light pull before ready, those can certainly affect how the shot works out. But they have nothing to do with a faster or slower lock time affecting POI or leads.
[/QUOTE/]

Better turn up your flow. And I corrected my typo to ‘kinked’. Don’t think you’re getting enough.

Sorry you’re so sold on wives takes and mistaken information you have to get pissy about it, but if that’s your flavor, pack a lunch. I’m game.
You’re game?
Give us your shotgun and we’ll have your trigger adjusted. Don’t worry, it’ll only be changed a millisecond or two. Think you will be able to shoot your handicap average in 50 targets? 🤣
Sorry, not sorry.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am sure somebody has an idea and measuring device. The thing is we are shooting shotguns, we have too many variables to get down to milliseconds. POI is important and has to be right to shoot well, gun fit is also important and yes the trigger is very important. Lock time does affect POI, I have to shoot my Seitz with a higher point of impact than my Perazzi and it feels like it is faster. This is not a hard game ,we have at least a 30'' circle to break this target in. The problem is we have the whole world to miss it in !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
Perazzi MX10RS 32/34 Combo w/Allor tuned barrels, K80 Parcours 32"
3,588 Posts
As I think about this more, I didn't grasp the finer nuances in this sport until I worked my way up to better averages.
I would like to hear from any 98%+ singles average or 27 yard 92%+ average shooters who don't think lock time has any affect on POI or that it even matters.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
3,057 Posts
As I think about this more, I didn't grasp the finer nuances in this sport until I worked my way up to better averages.
I would like to hear from any 98%+ singles average or 27 yard 92%+ average shooters who don't think lock time has any affect on POI or that it even matters.
I'm not really qualified, being just into the A-23-A category (23 yard curse), and I'm sure lock time becomes more relevant between two guns that are a bit further apart in their times, but I really don't notice the difference between my K-80 and Silver Seitz when switching between the two, but I haven't really tried to test the differentiation, either. The trigger pulls are also excellent between the two. I guess I should include my Ljutic Pro 3, also

·
Premium Member
7,422 Posts
I'm not really qualified, being just into the A-23-A category (23 yard curse), and I'm sure lock time becomes more relevant between two guns that are a bit further apart in their times, but I really don't notice the difference between my K-80 and Silver Seitz when switching between the two, but I haven't really tried to test the differentiation, either. The trigger pulls are also excellent between the two. I guess I should include my Ljutic Pro 3, also
Those three guns triggers are ultimately comparable and thus while relative to the discussion, only on identical levels.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts