Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Great Video!!! I wonder if they can perform in front of a live crowd??? Since we don't know how many takes it took to shoot this video??? I hope to hear more about them in the near future!!! break em all Jeff

·
Registered
531 Posts
They are well known trick shooters and do live shows throughout the US. They even performed at the Grand this year. Awesome live show and always keeping the crowd engaged!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I often wonder though: Why can't guys who shoot this well, go and win an Olympic Gold Medal, etc.?

The incongruity of obvious tremendous skill vs. not winning competitions has always puzzled me.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I often wonder though: Why can't guys who shoot this well, go and win an Olympic Gold Medal, etc.?

The incongruity of obvious tremendous skill vs. not winning competitions has always puzzled me.
IMO, some people don't want to be confined to the specific rules that competition shooting sports must have. I personally believe that is why sporting clays is so popular...there is more freedom to be creative in the sport. Only the imagination limits how targets can be set, and there is no absolute "correct shooting method" for being successful as a competitor.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
IMO, some people don't want to be confined to the specific rules that competition shooting sports must have. I personally believe that is why sporting clays is so popular...there is more freedom to be creative in the sport. Only the imagination limits how targets can be set, and there is no absolute "correct shooting method" for being successful as a competitor.
CP, while I notionally get the concept, the very fact the video was even made and posted, hugely conflicts with your "don't want to be confined to the specific rules," because if they didn't have rules, that video would never have been edited, at all, in any way.

Furthermore, why aren't they winning any sporting clays events, which, as you say, have no absolute correct shooting methods?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
CP, while I notionally get the concept, the very fact the video was even made and posted, hugely conflicts with your "don't want to be confined to the specific rules," because if they didn't have rules, that video would never have been edited, at all, in any way.

Furthermore, why aren't they winning any sporting clays events, which, as you say, have no absolute correct shooting methods?
GoldGuy,

I guess I'm just dense, but I don't understand the first part of your statement at all.

As to "why aren't they winning any sporting clays events..."? How do you know that and what makes you think that they aren't? Either way, only they can answer those questions.

·
Premium Member
11,829 Posts
As I understand, they are college students at Lindenwood University and they both shoot on the target shooting team.

I saw them perform at the Grand. They are entertaining, but they are not as polished as say, Tom Knapp or Tim Bradley. But they're relatively new to this venue.

They promote a specific semi-auto, Breda I think.

Reactions: Pullthattarget

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am in no way, in any way, saying trick shooters can't shoot. I am only posing a question out of logical curiosity: If they are such good shooters, why don't then go and win Olympic Gold metals, etc.?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts