Trapshooters Forum banner

Trapshooters are great people

1563 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Gauss
The ammo shortage is hitting everyone.

But I was very impressed, and I was reminded recently what good people we shoot with.
On three different occasions, during conversations about ammunition, friends said to me something like - hey, if you get too low on shells, let me know. We'll share mine until we run out.
That's pretty dang big, coming from a fellow shooter.
Good people.
Let's hope it gets better soon.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Amen, Mallard- I’m fortunate that I won’t be running out anytime soon, but several friends have said they would lend me whatever powder or shot I needed until I could replace it. I’m watching out for a few people to make sure that they are able to keep shooting, too.

· Registered
4,990 Posts
Finding some type of target ammo around here isn't too hard. May not be exactly what you hoped for but it is target ammo.
Powder is the problem! Shot, wads and primers are easy but no good without powder. Luckily lately some has been turning up (not much) with an elderly club member that has been forced to stop shooting. When he feels like it he brings stuff out to sell. It goes fast. He had some wads dropped off there today for $5 a bag, no powder.

· Registered
2,984 Posts
A few weeks back, @Gauss posted that he was going to be on the road and coming to my area to shoot event(s) at Pine Valley GC. Several people stepped up and said they'd make sure he'd get ammo to participate. I don't know him, but since I a) have some ammo b) want to see the clubs in my area thrive, I offered up some shells. I've loaned out a Pilla lens set up to an individual that wanted to try before buy. If I/we didn't like the people that surround us, just what is it we're doing here?

· Registered
249 Posts
A few weeks back, @Gauss posted that he was going to be on the road and coming to my area to shoot event(s) at Pine Valley GC. Several people stepped up and said they'd make sure he'd get ammo to participate. I don't know him, but since I a) have some ammo b) want to see the clubs in my area thrive, I offered up some shells. I've loaned out a Pilla lens set up to an individual that wanted to try before buy. If I/we didn't like the people that surround us, just what is it we're doing here?
They sure did!

I lucked out and was able to score 300 rounds at a Wal Mart on the way to Jersey, but Larry C covered me in Virginia. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to pay it forward (assuming anyone is crazy enough to travel to California to shoot). :)

Reactions: Ken C.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.