Supporting Vendor
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Terry and I have not shot trap for 16 days. Is spring here yet

·
Supporting Vendor
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I shot trap I shot 5 times at each of 5 different posts. I attempted this a lot. Sometimes as much at 12 times a day. But it is cold out now .

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Build an enclosed trap line with heat. Then you will be comfortable. Oh, and don't forget to put an air conditioner in so you will be cool in the summer. HMB

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi, terry. I am a so called trap shooter mysef.I hate clay pigeons. I haven broke one in over a month. Sometimes when I go to Walmart, and I see boxes of claypigeons. I have bad thoughts about them....With a rack of shotguns within my reach. And boxes of shotgun shells behind the counter . . . . I have bad thoughts...And spring is 4 months away.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Make the best of winter trapshooting. Here in NE Ohio dress in layers and still shoot. Even if you don't shoot go to the club and score targets. Personally I can stand the cold if it's not windy (15 mph +) or snowing I'll still shoot as long as my attitude is positive. I believe it makes the winter a little bit shorter. All in all it's better than sitting home. BT100dc

·
Supporting Vendor
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have surcomed to actually picking up lead shot. Sometimes this is lead shot that I have scattered on the ground. Mostly it is lead shot that others have shot. Sometimes I find steel. Can you believe other trapshooters shoot some steel. Is it spring yet. Its cold here. My name is terry and I have not shot trap for 16 days.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last time I came to phoenix the water pipes started to freeze. They ran me out of town. So I went to Tucson. Then it started to snow and they cancelled the days events. Then they ran me out of town. This year I may go and stay with Jerry at his so called winter shooting grounds. Its been a while since it snowed there

PULL PULL, I understand your pain.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just finished shooting a calcutta here Mid-west OH. Now that I'm home I can just start to feel my fingers, but other than that I'm fine, the temp is 20 degrees with a light wind. Is this what you call a die hard?..or what.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Chit, 20?
That's a heat wave in the winter up here.

Shot one day at -15. It was brisk. Keep it to a 2 man squad. LOL

Rick in MT

·
Registered
385 Posts
With the scores I shoot I REALLY wish there was such a thing as TRAPSHOOTERS ANONYMOUS!!......BUD

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It don't matter to me. Up here in the norhteast we don't get the best of weather this time of year the only thing that keeps me in the club house is a driving rain.

Trap,Skeet,5 stand,if it flys it dies.Every club has it's share of hard cores,just get out there and do it. John

·
Vendor
19,410 Posts
I cheat. My club opens on Wednesday during th winter months. Good excuse to smell the powder and drink a beer.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Lead Miner be aware. Went to Florida a few years back to spend Christmas with my now wife's family. I packed a pair of long handles and folks around here were making fun of me. Turns out they had a cold snap and temps got down in upper 20's with a brisk wind. I was another hour south of Jerry. Also, last time in Tucson in snowed.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Hello my name is Bill and Im a trap shooter. Monday it was 25 degrees. The wind was blowing 22 mph. I shot anyway. I can't stop. I'm so ashamed.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Lead Miner I just checked the Weather Channel and they said Spring is comeing but there may be a delay in its arrival. Shootin tonight anyway,the heck it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts