Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
A friend had his pacemaker installed on the left side since he was a right handed shooter.

He was shooting in 3 weeks, one ounce and only a box or two to start.

HM

·
Registered
298 Posts
Once you could put your arms over your head & the Doc was sure the leads were securely in the heart he told me to do whatever I wanted, seems it was 3 or 4 weeks.
Willie

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't try to find this kind of advice on a trapshooters forum. ASK YOUR CARDIOLOGIST. Mine told me,in 8 weeks. The main thing is,every shooter to tell the M.D. you are a shooter & if he is still in the room with you after you make the announcement,make sure you announce to all near & far,to place the pacemaker on the opposite side you shoot from.
Joe Jordan

·
Banned
5,706 Posts
If you have a pacemaker-difribulator it is a different story, just ask the cardiologist.

My friend has one and he has to have the shower on fine spray, he made the mistake of the large setting, almost blew him out of the shower, trying to get his heart back into rythm, and it was ok.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a Medtronic ICD:Cardiologist implanted it on the right(I'm left handed)told me to give it 30 days for the leads to heal in and go ahead and shoot.

I never heard of the shower issue and its not been an issue for me.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
One of my warnings was to make sure to not play shower water directly on the surgery wound for some since forgotten time. I never even thought it was for the dilemma described by Gary. Yikes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.