Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at all the trapshooters who come to a club regularly-- what % are recreational shooters-- league shooters-- and or participate in ata registered shoots, whether it is at your club or they must travel to get to a registered shoot ?

·
Registered
653 Posts
I shoot leagues year-round at two clubs, and around 7,000 registered targets a year at as many clubs as we can travel to instate. With a full time job, coaching and three teenagers still at home travel is limited even though they all shoot too.

Calamity

·
Registered
687 Posts
Registered only! I shoot every target thrown at the cardinal center in Ohio, I will also hit Jaqua's, the airport, mid state, (all in Ohio) plus I will hit at least one out of state shoot. Last year I went to the Indiana State shoot, this year I plan on Michigan. I will shoot around 8,000-9,000 targets

·
Registered
40 Posts
shoot ATA, 8000 targets last year Colo.17 Clubs, Az 3 clubs, NM 1 club,UT 1 club, Va. 2 clubs. Wyoming this year due to work hopefully around 5 clubs.

League at home in winter Cortez Trap. Lot of travel due to work, great sport for my work (construction) can always find a trap club away from home. Jim Henry

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Used to shoot 2 to 3 state shoots/ year and registered at least 2x/mo. Always shot the Grand at Vandalia. Now just recreational - no registered in past 2 years.

·
Registered
613 Posts
there are four of us that shoot ATA targets ,,about 60 of the folks just shoot recreationally,,many young couples ,it is encouraging to see ,MX8Dave

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I just got back into trap again last year. I shoot rec (practice) at my local on Wednesday mornings. But I have re-joined ATA and will start picking up registered bird when I can. My job calls for me to work all weekends from March through the end of October which limits my access to registered shoots. Jack Farrow

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I shot 12,000-18,000 registered targets for several years but last 2 years have shot only 600- 1200. I still shoot the 50 target derby and Silver Hair league every year and approximately 12,000 recreational targets per year. JRM

·
Vendor
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the point of my question is-- how many(%) people shoot trap at some type of level but DONT shoot ata registered?---those that shoot regularly in leagues-games and maybe just for fun--are they the lions share percentages of who shows up at a trap range weekly or annually, from small to big trapranges ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have about 80 members in our club- 15 members shoot ATA. 25 members are fiarly steady 3 to 4 times a month. 25 3 to 4 times a year A hand full of members I have never met. Jim Henry

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"...those that shoot regularly in leagues-games and maybe just for fun--are they the lions share percentages of who shows up at a trap range weekly or annually, from small to big trapranges ?"</i></blockquote>Hard to say what percentage of US trap shooters are recreational because the only reliable numbers are those that shoot registered. No way to accurately count the rest.

MK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.