Trapshooters Forum banner

Trap with a 1100 - no eject

2866 Views 22 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  The Canuck
I infrequently shoot trap with a Remington 1100 12 gauge. If I remove the gas o-ring will that work to stop ejection without damaging my 1100? I do not care for the BW Casey wire catcher as I hunt this shotgun. I appreciate any advice from anyone familiar with this solution or other solutions. I thank you in advance for your help.

Joey
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
36,891 Posts
The Birchwood Casey shell saver can be deactivated for hunting, simply by removing the wire. You pull it down 1/4 turn and pull the wire forward through the slot on the end of the plate that attaches to the reciever.

· Registered
36,891 Posts
Steal your Wifes/girlfriends/daughters hair tie and put it over the bolt.
Scrunchies. They work. Like thick rubber bands in fabric. Don’t burn through as quickly. Can buy dozens of them in a package.

· Registered
6,610 Posts
As several people here have written here.

A rubber band over the front of the bolt , in front of the bolt handle will stop the shell from flying.

Hair scrunchies are cloth covered rubber bands that will last longer.

Al

· Registered
6,610 Posts
Why would skeeters even think about it! There is no one to worry about hitting with an ejected hull, on a skeet field. Or sporting clays course for that matter. Singles and doubles are combined in both also.

Trap is the only one that people cry about the empties even before an empty has been thrown and more so after NO EMPTY was thrown! Because ONE MIGHT HAVE BEEN THROWN!!!!!!! Wah 😢😢😢😢😢😢

Al

· Registered
76 Posts
I’m using these on my Berettas and 1100. They snap off easy for when you want to shoot more than one shot or clean.

Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS Amazon.com : Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS : Sports & Outdoors

I can’t find the one for 1100 at the moment but try eBay.

Here’s proof they exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m using these on my Berettas and 1100. They snap off easy for when you want to shoot more than one shot or clean.

Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS Amazon.com : Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS : Sports & Outdoors

I can’t find the one for 1100 at the moment but try eBay.

Here’s proof they exist.

That is good news if you are saying the one pictured on the 1100 is the same as for the Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS? If so I will buy one today. Thank you.

· Registered
76 Posts
That is good news if you are saying the one pictured on the 1100 is the same as for the Birchwood Casey T & S TS-A391 - AL391, Urika/2, Teknys BER. Shell Catcher, Black, Fits: Beretta AL391, URIKA/2, and TEKNYS? If so I will buy one today. Thank you.
Sorry. The link was an example. You’ll have to search a little deeper for an 1100. Just showing an example solution. I will say these work quite well.

· Registered
152 Posts
I’m not following how any of the above mentioned methods are unsafe? A rubber band, hair tie, shell catcher, or removing the ejector make a gun unsafe? I do agree about an open breach being safe, I don’t see how that’s relevant to the original question or follow up answers. I’m curious why you said that. Please explain.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
nothing unsafe about it the bolt would be open till it's his turn to shoot then he would have to open the bolt manually to remove the shell, he might disturb the next shooter but there is nothing unsafe about it, once the bolt it open it stays lock back until closed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.